Theater shooting

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Theater shooting

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Theater shooting

I'm just curious. I know everyone has probably heard of the colorado theater shooting. And I know a lot of us carry concealed. What is a reasonable action against such a situation? My boss is a big gun enthusiast and ex military and he said it would have been dangerous to shoot back because everyone is in panic mode and you could do more damage then help. I know we have to us common sense and I'm not trying to start a huge debate or fight or anything like that just curious on yalls thoughts. I also hope everyone will remember the victims and the families in yalls prayers.

God bless America!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-22-2012, 05:30 PM   #2

Liked 794 Times on 423 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Someone can pray and spray all they want, but sooner rather than later they're gonna have to reload and chamber another round.
Hit the floor and wait for a click and/or a pause.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

People Like This 
Old 07-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9543 Times on 4105 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

We already have a couple of threads running on this- in the interest of not getting buried in multiple threads, i am closing this one. (Nobody did anything wrong folks- just already covered)

In an active shooting situation, what would keep the shooter from shooting you? Out of ammo, weapons malfunction, he decides to repent, or somebody shoots him FIRST. Choose one.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #4

Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

I have said this before and these are words I try to live by ... at all times ... when something happens - take cover, assess your surroundings, take action

We will never know what could of happened if someone or someones were carrying a firearm for self defense that day. But one thing we know for ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY is that every last victim was denied thier inalienable right to defend themselves!

my prayers and thoughts for the victims and their families

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Closed Thread