That's it. I'm carrying at work now ! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > That's it. I'm carrying at work now !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 09:31 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I work for a large (internationally large) company. The company policy here is absolutely no firearms on company property.

That's all fine and dandy, but I drive through three towns at midnight to get here.

I'm not worried about anything at work. We are gated in and you have to have a key card to enter the gate and the building. What about to and fro? Basically, they're taking my rights away not only on company property, but to and fro......

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

Old 12-14-2009, 10:02 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Where I work it's not an issue but at my previous job you couldn't even carry a pocket knife. If they found you with any type of weapon you would lose your job. I think you'll be doing the right thing by going and talking to the owner. In the current economy I would hate to find myself without work but I do understand you desire to protect yourself.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 12-14-2009, 01:54 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 9

The company I work for also has a no weapons policy but we frequently have to go into bad areas so the boss doesn't enforce that policy. I would hate to lose my job but I would hate it even more if were ever in a position where I couldn't defend myself.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:32 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
I work for a large (internationally large) company. The company policy here is absolutely no firearms on company property.

That's all fine and dandy, but I drive through three towns at midnight to get here.

I'm not worried about anything at work. We are gated in and you have to have a key card to enter the gate and the building. What about to and fro? Basically, they're taking my rights away not only on company property, but to and fro......

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do!
Does your company have a securty office or something like that? If they do, have you thought about going in and ask if they can make some kind of lock box or something available to you so you can secure your weapon in while you are at work then pick it up when you go home. They might take your safety in to account the fact that you are traveling a long distance to and from work at night and alone. You never know until you try. Good luck.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:32 PM   #15

Indiana recently passed a law preventing employers from firing an employee for having a legal firearm secured in their vehicle on company property. (The same law prevents law enforcement from confiscating firearms during a natural emergency, i.e. what happened in New Orleans.)

You could always request a transfer here...

Old 04-16-2010, 01:33 AM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Concealed is concealed. Carry it concealed and keep your mouth shut about it. I doubt your boss is going to search you.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:43 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2740 View Post
Concealed is concealed. Carry it concealed and keep your mouth shut about it. I doubt your boss is going to search you.
You can carry and not tell your boss but is it worth it to carry and lose your job? If your job says that you can not carry while at work then I would find some different means of securing your weapon while at work.

I believe in carrying at all times but I for one am not going to lose my job because I want to carry my weapon.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:04 AM   #18

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

+1 Phelenwolf

In today job environment I'd find a way other than open defiance.

Just my .02

Last edited by Don Davis; 04-16-2010 at 02:16 AM.

Old 04-16-2010, 03:25 PM   #19

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 54

You could lose more than one job. If you get fired because you defied a company policy, you could lose more than one prospective job when you are searching for employment. Even if company is carry-friendly, they might not want to hire someone who refused to follow company policies.

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
William S. Burroughs

Old 04-16-2010, 03:32 PM   #20

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

+1 utf59