Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Texas is one step closer to open carry!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 06:59 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Yeah. If I wasn't buried up to my neck in roots here I would leave as well. We have land, owe nothing on it and make a meager living off of it.

That being said I have to also say that California is by far the best place I have ever been as far as climate and weather is concerned (and I have been all over the country). Right here where I live is one of the most beautiful places in the country year round in my opinion. The only thing that ruins it is the people!

It would be nice if we could get some reasonable carry laws though.
California has the beach, the snow, desert, country, wine vineyards, mountains, lakes, the weather, and the chicks(my favorite).

My roots were in California too. My great grand father was one of the original rock climbers to scale half dome in the late 1800's in Yosemite and was good friends with Ansel Adams(and spoke at his funeral). My parents met in California and i grew there as well but as much as i love California myself, i would trade in all the beautiful landscape and weather for my liberty.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:06 AM   #52

the texas legislature just ended their session. and they only meet every 2 years. so it will be 2 more years before the open carry bill is re-introduced , if at all

Old 07-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2529 View Post
the texas legislature just ended their session. and they only meet every 2 years. so it will be 2 more years before the open carry bill is re-introduced , if at all
It will be. We did pretty well getting as far as we did and we're gearing up for the next session. We learned a lot the first time out. Join us and help in the fight and find out what we're doing. Go look at AZCDL's accomlishments. They couldn't do it without their members. We need members and volunteers for certain positions. People willing to go for what they want.

Don't just talk about it on an internet forum. Join LSCDL and you won't regret it.

Join Lone Star Citizens' Defense League and help us to restore your Constitutional Rights in Texas.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:33 PM   #54

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
It will be. We did pretty well getting as far as we did and we're gearing up for the next session. We learned a lot the first time out. Join us and help in the fight and find out what we're doing. Go look at AZCDL's accomlishments. They couldn't do it without their members. We need members and volunteers for certain positions. People willing to go for what they want.

Don't just talk about it on an internet forum. Join LSCDL and you won't regret it.
This! Keep plugging away at it. Here in GA, we didn't get what we wanted overnight. Heck, we still don't have what we want, and we certainly didn't/won't get it in one legislative session. Change takes time, and perserverence.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:11 PM   #55

Quote:

I am part of the AZCDL and will help support Texas and their LSCDL for open carry

Old 07-19-2011, 05:57 AM   #56
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7655 Times on 4416 Posts
Likes Given: 9867

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ1980 View Post
California has the beach, the snow, desert, country, wine vineyards, mountains, lakes, the weather, and the chicks(my favorite).

My roots were in California too. My great grand father was one of the original rock climbers to scale half dome in the late 1800's in Yosemite and was good friends with Ansel Adams(and spoke at his funeral). My parents met in California and i grew there as well but as much as i love California myself, i would trade in all the beautiful landscape and weather for my liberty.
Don't get me wrong. I am not caving in to the climate (political or environmental), I am sticking to my guns as a native Californian. I will not give up my Liberty!

Old 07-19-2011, 07:21 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ1980 View Post
I am part of the AZCDL and will help support Texas and their LSCDL for open carry
Howdy brother! One of these days, I'm going to come back to AZ for a visit and I'd like to meet up with some of you guys.

Join Lone Star Citizens' Defense League and help us to restore your Constitutional Rights in Texas.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:25 AM   #58

Quote:
Howdy brother! One of these days, I'm going to come back to AZ for a visit and I'd like to meet up with some of you guys.
Everyone is welcome to the cooler side of the pillow. The more the merrier :-) We are going to have a brand new state of the art indoor firing range set to open next year in the greater Phoenix area (Peoria,AZ) and it will be the LARGEST in North America.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #59

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Hey Fisherman would be glad to met you here in Az. Just let us know when your coming to town.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:45 AM   #60
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7655 Times on 4416 Posts
Likes Given: 9867

Don't get yourself in this situation.

Was victim armed with butter knife? | mitchell, pena, alvarez - At issue in IHOP shooting - Appeal-Democrat

On the other hand you might get lucky.

IHOP shooter found not guilty on all counts | mitchell, pena, outside - BREAKING NEWS - Appeal-Democrat

Funny part is that in Fresno County it is shall-issue. Here in Santa Clara County it is non-issue (unless you pay off the Sheriff to the tune of $20K). That is downright descriminiation!