Texas is one step closer to open carry! - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Texas is one step closer to open carry!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 08:08 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Funny, the people who open carry around here are protesting the lack of CCW permits being issued as I understand it. In Riverside Co. that would be technically illegal?
Actually, I apologize, I was incorrect on two counts,
First the code only applies to the wood on a sign:P (oops)
and second, it's Riverside city's Municipal code, not the County law.
I'm glad I re-read the code

Section 9.12.065 Demonstration equipment prohibitions.
No person shall carry or possess while participating in any demonstration, rally, picket
line or public assembly, any length of lumber, wood, or wood lath unless that object is blunt at
each end and is one-fourth inch or less in thickness and two inches or less in width, or if not
generally rectangular in shape, such object shall not exceed three-quarters inch in its thickest
dimension. (Ord. 6762 § 3, 2004)

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 07-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #32

Vikingdad: I was directing that at Fatpat not the forum. If Fatpat were a moderater I am sure he would have censored it. How my choice of carry helps the antis I have no idea. Fatpat: You are not my partner. I had people cover my six in Vietnam and I would not want you as one of them.
Lastly: I thought this was a firearms forum and not a bash the other guy forum because they think differently than you.

Old 07-07-2011, 03:33 PM   #33

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocker View Post
Vikingdad: I was directing that at Fatpat not the forum. If Fatpat were a moderater I am sure he would have censored it.
You don't know me, so how in the world you can know what I would or wouldn't do is a mystery to me.
Quote:
How my choice of carry helps the antis I have no idea.
Re-read my post. Never said anything about your choice of carry.
Quote:
Fatpat: You are not my partner. I had people cover my six in Vietnam and I would not want you as one of them.
Thank you for your service. Again, you don't know me.
Quote:
Lastly: I thought this was a firearms forum and not a bash the other guy forum because they think differently than you.
Wow. really?

I'll elaborate: It is inevitable, any time open carry is discussed, that someone (usually several someones) with that "concealed means concealed" attitude will start talking about how tactically unsound/stupid/crazy(pick your wording here) open carry is. You will rarely, if ever, see the reverse. You can't see how that can be used against us in our constant battle to reclaim our rights?

Last edited by FatPat; 07-07-2011 at 03:46 PM. Reason: addition

Old 07-07-2011, 04:31 PM   #34

Default The 2nd Ammendment

I would consider myself more of a "purist".

The 2nd Amendment already gives us the right to carry openly or concealed. Whether we actually DO carry openly or concealed... or carry at all should be up to us, as individuals. I support ANY legislation that gives BACK our RIGHTS, whether it aligns with my preference or not.

The 2nd Amendment doesn't say things like, "The right to bear hunting rifles only", or "Right to bear concealed handguns", etc. It says our right to bear ARMS shall not be infringed. It doesn't say we can't have machine guns, or silencers, etc.

The fact that we have to ask "permission" to carry concealed here in Texas is appalling to me. The fact that open carry isn't "allowed" is equally appalling.

I'm not championing the cause of open carry because I WANT to open carry... I'm just supporting chiseling away the laws that took our Constitutionally guaranteed rights away.

-=Jerry A. Goodson=-

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com

Old 07-07-2011, 04:49 PM   #35

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I would consider myself more of a "purist".

The 2nd Amendment already gives us the right to carry openly or concealed. Whether we actually DO carry openly or concealed... or carry at all should be up to us, as individuals. I support ANY legislation that gives BACK our RIGHTS, whether it aligns with my preference or not.

The 2nd Amendment doesn't say things like, "The right to bear hunting rifles only", or "Right to bear concealed handguns", etc. It says our right to bear ARMS shall not be infringed. It doesn't say we can't have machine guns, or silencers, etc.

The fact that we have to ask "permission" to carry concealed here in Texas is appalling to me. The fact that open carry isn't "allowed" is equally appalling.

I'm not championing the cause of open carry because I WANT to open carry... I'm just supporting chiseling away the laws that took our Constitutionally guaranteed rights away.
I'm just gonna quote this every time this subject comes up from now on. Well said, sir.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:48 AM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 52

I post in this form and a couple of others and I am amazed at all the different laws in different states concerning carrying a weapon. They go from moderate to the extreme. The thing that I love about Az is the ability to OC and CC with or without a permit and carry what I want, not what someone else thinks I should carry.

Everyone seems to forget that we have "A right to Bear Arms" and how you carry is total up to the person that is carrying. It is like me choosing a Chevy over a Ford truck.

I for one can not imagine what it is like to live in a state that does not allow you to carry or decide what type of weapon you can and can not have. Or how many rounds your magazine has.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:50 AM   #37

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelenwolf View Post
I post in this form and a couple of others and I am amazed at all the different laws in different states concerning carrying a weapon. They go from moderate to the extreme. The thing that I love about Az is the ability to OC and CC with or without a permit and carry what I want, not what someone else thinks I should carry.

Everyone seems to forget that we have "A right to Bear Arms" and how you carry is total up to the person that is carrying. It is like me choosing a Chevy over a Ford truck.

I for one can not imagine what it is like to live in a state that does not allow you to carry or decide what type of weapon you can and can not have. Or how many rounds your magazine has.
True, that's the other thing that bugs me about my county. My choice of weapon is a 1911. However, because it's not stock, and because it's a single action, it has to be especially approved.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 07-08-2011, 07:38 AM   #38
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9017 Times on 5240 Posts
Likes Given: 11898

Quote:
Vikingdad: I was directing that at Fatpat not the forum. If Fatpat were a moderater I am sure he would have censored it. How my choice of carry helps the antis I have no idea. Fatpat: You are not my partner. I had people cover my six in Vietnam and I would not want you as one of them.
Thank you for your service.

If you had a personal message for Fatpat then you should have sent him a PM.

Nobody is bashing you, including Fatpat. We may disagree with you but nobody has been or is bashing you. Take it easy. I apologize if you think I was somehow attacking you.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #39

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have heard rumors that Texas is also considering changing to the same carry laws as Arizona "Constitutional right to carry" NO PERMITS required to carry opened or conceled not supper hopefull that will ever happen but it would be nice

Dave

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"
Denis Diderot

Old 07-11-2011, 02:44 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by David26 View Post
I have heard rumors that Texas is also considering changing to the same carry laws as Arizona "Constitutional right to carry" NO PERMITS required to carry opened or conceled not supper hopefull that will ever happen but it would be nice
That was the plan originally but the session is over. Now we're getting ready and planning for the next session.

The AZCDL has done (are doing) a fantastic job in AZ and LSCDL is trying to do the same thing but we're new and growing. Sign up and join us in this fight. Join Lone Star Citizen's Defense League

Join Lone Star Citizens' Defense League and help us to restore your Constitutional Rights in Texas.