Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Texas is one step closer to open carry!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Default Texas is one step closer to open carry!

I have been wanting this to happen for a long time. Not that I would openly just walk around with my gun on my hip all of the time. I have had my concealed carry license for 15 years now, and always had to worry if my handgun was completely concealed. It looks as though things might be getting a little better around here. Here is the link.

HB2756 Texas Open Carry

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=82R&Bill=HB2756

SGT U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Ft. Bragg, NC (2002-2006)
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran (2004)

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-10-2011, 04:23 PM   #2

Liked 47 Times on 28 Posts

Interesting, I wonder when it will come up for a vote.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #3

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Default Oklahoma as well....

OK - Voters could decide fate of "Open Carry" gun law
By: Casey Roebuck

TULSA - Voters could get a chance to decide the future of Oklahoma's "open carry" gun legislation. On Wednesday the House Public Safety Committee unanimously approved House Bill 1796.

State Rep. Sue Tibbs (R) of Tulsa is the house Author. She says, "It would allow the citizens of Oklahoma to carry a gun, whether it was concealed or unconcealed, if they go through the concealed weapon program through OSBI."

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_n...rry%22-gun-law

HB 1796

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 03-10-2011, 06:05 PM   #4

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Maybe it's just me but I'm truly amazed that two of the states I most associate with the old west and cowboys do not have open carry. Just seems very strange to me given the heritage and history. I certainly hope it passes for y'all as while I don't open carry much I do sloppily conceal carry often and it's nice to have the option.

Mental picture for you:

Lon strolling down the street in his bermuda shorts, tank top, sandals with black knee high socks - and twin Deagle 50's strapped on to his combination back brace/gunbelt...

Old 03-10-2011, 06:13 PM   #5

Liked 47 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Lon strolling down the street in his bermuda shorts, tank top, sandals with black knee high socks - and twin Deagle 50's strapped on to his combination back brace/gunbelt...
No way.....I never wear tank tops.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:01 PM   #6

Liked 38 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Maybe it's just me but I'm truly amazed that two of the states I most associate with the old west and cowboys do not have open carry. Just seems very strange to me given the heritage and history. I certainly hope it passes for y'all as while I don't open carry much I do sloppily conceal carry often and it's nice to have the option.

Mental picture for you:

Don't forget the double magazine ankle carriers..

Scubie

Old 03-18-2011, 01:06 AM   #7
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7299 Times on 4239 Posts
Likes Given: 9406

I wonder if any state would consider a "discrete carry"? I mean, you have it under your jacket but nobody freaks out if it peeks out!

Oh yeah, that just makes sense.

We have open carry here in Kalifornia, but you can't have ammunition on your person (or in your vehicle if you are driving). You are required to have the gun fully visible, as in in a hip holster without a coat that could conceal it in any way. Some (in my opinion) morons choose to do this but I don't think it moves us forward towards getting shall-issue CCW (or loaded carry) accepted in this state.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:57 PM   #8

If you want to help with the lobbying effort to pass this bill and oppose bad gun bills, join LSCDL. The membership is less than the price of a box of shells but your voice added to ours is priceless. Please check out the website and join.

Join Lone Star Citizens' Defense League and help us to restore your Constitutional Rights in Texas.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:45 PM   #9

Liked 889 Times on 471 Posts
Likes Given: 681

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
We have open carry here in Kalifornia, but you can't have ammunition on your person

Tell me this is a joke.

War to the knife; the knife to the hilt

Old 03-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #10

Liked 1754 Times on 802 Posts
Likes Given: 1778

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
Tell me this is a joke.

I think you can carry a baseball bat in kalifornia but no baseball or glove.