Texas CHL processing time

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Texas CHL processing time

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 02:49 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Texas CHL processing time

I mailed everything in on March 18th and the status on the tx dps website still shows that they are waiting to receive my paperwork. Should I call and confirm they got everything or just sit tight so they don't put me at the bottom of the stack?

Has any one recently applied and got there TX CHL how Long did it take to process?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-19-2013, 05:31 AM   #2

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Reminds me of mail in rebates. Lol

I'm not TX, but to me logic would dictate that with the panic these permits are being sent in at an alarming rate causing a major backup in the complete process, including the online reporting.

It has been a month, so I understand your curiosity and impatience, but my advice would be, yes, assume it's just taking longer because it is everywhere.

Also, yes, call them and get a confirmation, because your impatience and agitation will only grow worse without it, or at least mine would. Lol

Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 04-19-2013 at 05:34 AM.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #3

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Relax & sit tight--
It'll get there-

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 04-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 75 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 113

It took me 4 weeks to get mine in the mail from the time I mailed everything in. Nothing showed on their website until the last week. Relax and it will come.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:48 AM   #5

Liked 14 Times on 6 Posts

I mailed my certified mail and got it 2 weeks later. Just came in today

Old 05-21-2013, 01:23 AM   #6

I am in Texas too and I mailed my application in 35 days ago. The status changed just today from waiting to receive documents to processing all the information. Just be patient. I emailed the DPS on mine at 28 days and they responded that it will take up to 60 to get the license.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:29 AM   #7

Liked 14 Times on 6 Posts

Guess I got lucky!

Old 05-21-2013, 04:14 AM   #8

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I'm texas too, they received my package of completed materials in the mail on March 8, 2013. April 23 the status online changed to show that they were conducting my background check. The 16th of May, the status changed that they had completed and it was mailed on the 17th. I expect it any day now in the mail!

Old 05-23-2013, 01:35 PM   #9

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasman55
I'm texas too, they received my package of completed materials in the mail on March 8, 2013. April 23 the status online changed to show that they were conducting my background check. The 16th of May, the status changed that they had completed and it was mailed on the 17th. I expect it any day now in the mail!
I received my license in the mail last night!!! Total wait time from the day I sent it in to the day I got it in the mail was 77 days. Total time from the day they processed my paperwork into the computer until I received my license was 29 days... That's a lot better than the 60 that they are alotted!!!

Old 05-25-2013, 08:23 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcoulter
I mailed everything in on March 18th and the status on the tx dps website still shows that they are waiting to receive my paperwork. Should I call and confirm they got everything or just sit tight so they don't put me at the bottom of the stack?

Has any one recently applied and got there TX CHL how Long did it take to process?
I sent mine on 3/31. After 48 days the TX CHL site updated to show that it had received it and is in background processing. It will take another 30 days or so to update and for me to receive my new CHL.