taurus "judge". becoming quite popular - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > taurus "judge". becoming quite popular

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 11:56 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2371 Times on 1388 Posts
Likes Given: 531

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP03 View Post
Another good read. The most interesting part to me was near the end of part 2 where they compare the judge to the xds shot shells. I think this guy got it right. The advances in ammunition have made the judge a very viable weapon for different applications.

But comparing bird shot against buck shot is not a fair comparison.

What I will say, is that yes the modern loads do make it a better tool than it was when it was developed. I do like the performance that is possible with the 000 loads that are specifically for handgun use. How many of those loadings are out there on your local gun shops shelves, or at Walmart? What do they cost when you can find them?

I'm in the same boat in trying to find my favorite Federal 12 ga load. I like their #1 Buckshot Flite Control round, but can almost never find it in stock anywhere.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:06 AM   #32

Liked 2371 Times on 1388 Posts
Likes Given: 531

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threetango View Post
Thanks for sharing those. It was still a touch biased ( I mean the guy is doing this wearing a shirt indicating Taurus fan status) but overall he made some decent arguments and presented them fairly well. He attempted to be pretty fair.

I never experienced any accuracy issues with any of the Judges I've shot with .45 Colt ammo. Mechanical accuracy is pretty decent in fact. I was surprised when I shot one for the first time, exactly because I thought the free bore issue would cause problems. I did not find the gun to be really great at rapid fire shoot ability, in the same way an autoloader is.

Again the performance with the Federal 000 load was pretty impressive, but I'm not sold on the PDX 1 round based on it's lack of reliable penetration.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:12 AM   #33

Liked 66 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Thanks for sharing those. It was still a touch biased ( I mean the guy is doing this wearing a shirt indicating Taurus fan status) but overall he made some decent arguments and presented them fairly well. He attempted to be pretty fair.

I never experienced any accuracy issues with any of the Judges I've shot with .45 Colt ammo. Mechanical accuracy is pretty decent in fact. I was surprised when I shot one for the first time, exactly because I thought the free bore issue would cause problems. I did not find the gun to be really great at rapid fire shoot ability, in the same way an autoloader is.

Again the performance with the Federal 000 load was pretty impressive, but I'm not sold on the PDX 1 round based on it's lack of reliable penetration.
I agree on the rapid fire comment. Rapid fire would mean a long and heavy double action pull compared to autoloaders. I would say of all the handguns I've owned, this would be the slowest in that regard.

Mossberg 590A1
Centurian C39 AK pistol
Sig 226
SA xdm 45 compact
H&K USP .40
Sig 938 Extreme
SA 1911 SS Loaded Model
Sig 716 Patrol .308