Taught my first CCW Class this Weekend - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Taught my first CCW Class this Weekend

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2014, 05:45 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Good For You, Mick3411.

It sounds like you did a good job and had some fun as well. It takes dedication to stick with something you like and maybe teaching others is a new extension for you. My CCW instructor did a good job as far as I was concerned. I already had a good understanding of the safety rule, how a firearm works, and using common sense for many situations. Those participants that never fired a gun or even held one in their hands was virtual lost. The amount of information required to provide the students to pass the written test was pushed at the audience in the 16 hour class. Our range provided to those that took their class 5 hours of free range time to practice for the Qualification of the CPL. The Qualification pertained shooting a 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper at 7 yards with 80% accuracy. Strong, support and 2 handed. Also provided was a quick lesson on how to shoot behind a barrier. 20 years later I am a much better shooter than I was when issued my first CPL.

------------------------------------------------
Ineptocracy (in-ept-oc-ra-cy).....
A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Mick3411 Likes This 
Old 09-02-2014, 11:51 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Keep up the good work! It is very satisfying to help someone go from nervous newbie to confident shooter. You are doing a civic service in your community!

Old 09-03-2014, 03:02 AM   #13

Liked 54 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 86

I appreciate the nice comments. I really do enjoy shooting and getting others prepared to help defend themselves.

Old 09-08-2014, 01:27 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 283 Times on 218 Posts
Likes Given: 127

I realize your giving a pistol certification class and not a legal briefing but people must be made aware of all the legal "pitfalls" of carrying, let alone, actually using/discharging a firearm.

My favorite example came from the South. A large dog got out of control and was trying to kill a woman. A Good Samaritan came by, shot the dog, and then left. Evening news praised his actions, police said he would not be charged but evidently, he preferred to be anonymous.

I live in CT and the public is a bit high strung. Situation: Late Night movie being shown in New Haven. Lawyer w legal CC license decided to carry. Evidently, he must have had some printing issues because someone saw it and called the police. The lawyer did not obey police commands quick enough or maybe he froze. He was arrested. No idea how it all ended up but it made the news and caused some whoopla & public outrage.

Last edited by Gonzilla; 09-09-2014 at 08:44 PM.

Old 09-08-2014, 02:00 PM   #15

Liked 164 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 148

The legal aspects are included in proper NRA training classes. These are contributions by an LEO or an attorney. Before signing up for any NRA classes make sure that a recognized legal advisor will participate.