Talon IWB

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Talon IWB

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 06:55 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 695 Times on 359 Posts

Default Talon IWB

So I now have an XDs that I conceal with the Talon IWB holster in the small of my back at about 5:30. I have the right handed holster because, well I'm right handed, duh. The problem is I'm right handed and the holster angles to my left. I can grab my firearm relatively well but re holstering is a bit awkward, especially when exiting my vehicle. I'm thinking of getting a left handed holster to solve the problem, my question is, does anyone else do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-26-2014, 09:31 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 695 Times on 359 Posts

I asked Talon the same question, here is their response.

"I was giving your e-mail regarding your holster. These are designed to be carried anywhere from about 2 o'clock to around 4, maybe 5 o'clock in the waistband. I personally carry the Shield, same holster as yours basically, at about 4. If you have trouble reaching way around to the small of your back, I would suggest moving it slightly forward. I would not recommend carrying the left handed holster so you can draw with the back of your hand against the body. We always recommend the palm of the hand be facing the body when drawing. Otherwise, you will point the gun at yourself when presenting the pistol. Under stress, this can cause you to unintentionally shoot yourself.

We design the holster with a straight up draw, with no real cant built in. The tuckable may have a little more cant if you want to try that one."

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk