Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Taking my Concealed weapons today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 02:29 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Oh, thats more like North Central Ohio.
Yes, but where I'm at (in the north eastern part of the county) we're right on the line considered NEO. Splitting hairs, I know.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7560 Times on 3293 Posts
Likes Given: 1122

FWIW, I have assorted 45s, 9mms, 357s, etc etc. What I usually grab on the way out the door to go to the grocery is the S&W Mdl 36.

I am now officially a sillyvillyun, and do not chase bad people for a living. My sidearm is for my defense. It is small enough to conceal readily, light enough that carrying it is not a burden, and has enough stopping power to give me room to run. In a snubby, I can put 5 rounds in a bad guy at point blank range while the .357 shooter is trying to get back on target for the second shot. There IS that pesky recoil thing with miniature handguns.

Are there times that my sidearm of choice is a caliber with more authority? Yep. Autoloader? Yep. But the thing that attracts me to the double action revolver is simplicity under stress. There is no question as to whether the mag is fully seated, did the slide go fully into battery, did I get the safety off, did I limp wrist the gun- pull trigger hard, loud noise proceeds from the hole in the front. If it does not, repeat step 1 and pull trigger hard.

Your mileage may vary, void where prohibited or taxed, in hoc signo vinces (you're in hock to Signor Vince)

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:54 PM   #23

I am very tempted by this little guy here: Taurus International Manufacturing Inc I think it is the best of both worlds.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:19 PM   #24

Liked 1403 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchahi View Post
I am very tempted by this little guy here: Taurus International Manufacturing Inc I think it is the best of both worlds.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #25

Ok, So I guess that you don't like that my 1911 is a taurus as well? Show me something similar to the Taurus in a smith or something like that.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:14 PM   #26

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchahi View Post
Ok, So I guess that you don't like that my 1911 is a taurus as well? Show me something similar to the Taurus in a smith or something like that.
I'd take a Rock Island Tactical in a heartbeat over a Taurus. Great quality and real customer service should you need it...

Tags
kel-tec, ruger, ruger lcr