Tactical Wal-Martian
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Tactical Wal-Martian

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2013, 06:03 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1983 Times on 1091 Posts
Likes Given: 1321

Default Tactical Wal-Martian

I was at Walmart last night looking for a PS4 for my son. No luck by the way. But as I walked down the isle I see him. At first I saw him from behind. I could clearly see he was wearing a shoulder holster. He had a full sized 1911 holstered vertically under one arm. I could also see 2 spare mags on his weak side of the rig. He was not even wearing a jacket or anything. He also had that "mall-ninja" attitude. You could see it in his stance and his body language. The clerk that was helping him was obviously uncomfortable. But they tried to stay professional about it. I stood about 3 feet behind him for a good minute before he noticed me. Then he just turned and looked my way. That is when I saw that he had a second gun in his waistband.

I immediately thought to myself, "I am glad he is here. If someone were to start shooting people I will have time to get to cover and draw my weapon because they will definitely shoot him first."

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-22-2013, 06:11 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I was at Walmart last night looking for a PS4 for my son. No luck by the way. But as I walked down the isle I see him. At first I saw him from behind. I could clearly see he was wearing a shoulder holster. He had a full sized 1911 holstered vertically under one arm. I could also see 2 spare mags on his weak side of the rig. He was not even wearing a jacket or anything. He also had that "mall-ninja" attitude. You could see it in his stance and his body language. The clerk that was helping him was obviously uncomfortable. But they tried to stay professional about it. I stood about 3 feet behind him for a good minute before he noticed me. Then he just turned and looked my way. That is when I saw that he had a second gun in his waistband.

I immediately thought to myself, "I am glad he is here. If someone were to start shooting people I will have time to get to cover and draw my weapon because they will definitely shoot him first."
That's pretty judgmental. A LOT of people carry two guns, and even more open carry. Does that make them all mall ninjas? I need more than that to go on before I call him a mall ninja.

As for the "they will definitely shoot him first" thing, that has NEVER been proven. The myth that open carrying makes you a target is just that. A myth. We've had several different threads about it and they have all came to the same conclusion. That the chances of an open carrier being targeted first are extraordinarily low.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:46 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5921 Times on 3092 Posts
Likes Given: 416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post

if someone wants to make a spectacle of themselves... go for it. my preference is to not be noticed and left alone. whether that attention is people gawking at my firearm or the way i dress or carry on.

nothing wrong with oc i like oc i like not having to worry if some sheeple gets a peek at my gun when i carry owb under a shirt or jacket.

thing is while it hasnt happened yet that anyone has noticed someone that is ocing provides a distraction and intimidation factor that will allow myself to remain unremarked by any mischief maker. my thinking is why should i be the attention getter when its better to remain quiet until action is needed??

my military training emphasized its better to attack from concealment that to be the one walking boldly into an ambush regardless of how well armed you are.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Old 12-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #4
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3056 Times on 1758 Posts
Likes Given: 1307

If it took him a minute to notice someone looking at him, then he must not be trained on situation awareness.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

People Like This 
Old 12-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #5

Liked 128 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Maybe he was a federal agent?Plain clothes detective?

Old 12-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
As for the "they will definitely shoot him first" thing, that has NEVER been proven. The myth that open carrying makes you a target is just that. A myth. We've had several different threads about it and they have all came to the same conclusion. That the chances of an open carrier being targeted first are extraordinarily low.
Your statement that this is a myth is just as unprovable as the assertion that open carry deters crime. Here is my view on that. From a tactical standpoint, if you are the only person seen to be armed, you are a potential target. If you are one of three people carrying openly you are probably a deterrent.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3862 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
Your statement that this is a myth is just as unprovable as the assertion that open carry deters crime. Here is my view on that. From a tactical standpoint, if you are the only person seen to be armed, you are a potential target. If you are one of three people carrying openly you are probably a deterrent.
Yep.
If I was robbing the place, I would have taken this guy out first. Just saying....

"Feuer Frei!"

Warrior1256 Likes This 
Old 12-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
If I was robbing the place, I would have taken this guy out first. Just saying....
That's my thought, too. You don't leave known armed resistance standing around to get in your way.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
Yep.
Find me real world examples of this happening, and the argument that open carrying causes one to become a potential target will have some credibility to it. As it is now, it has zero credibility since there is zero proof. A thread was started a while back asking for exactly that. VERY VERY little evidence to support that argument was found.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Find me real world examples of this happening, and the argument that open carrying causes one to become a potential target will have some credibility to it. As it is now, it has zero credibility since there is zero proof. A thread was started a while back asking for exactly that. VERY VERY little evidence to support that argument was found.
All I have to fall back on is my military and LE training. You don't leave armed resistance standing unless they have the overwhelming force. You wait for the tactical advantage and you take them out.

Quote:
VERY VERY little evidence to support that argument was found.
But evidence was found. That's good enough for me.

I remember that thread. I remember the OP tried to guide the thread to support his argument by eliminating LE, security, and military incidents. I also remember that truth was the last thing that was welcome in that thread. Those of us that did find evidence had it shot down, not because it didn't happen, but because it didn't fit the OP's narrow thread guidelines. Many of us gave up in disgust.