Tactical Vest for Home Defense? - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Tactical Vest for Home Defense?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 12:04 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun Shooter View Post
For home defense? I'm not sure who would throw on a vest and then go see whats going on. More power to you if thats what want. However, for home defense you want to stop the threat, not stop world violence.

S.S.
LOL! That's what I feel like doing half the time. Maybe my problem is that I haven't gotten to be Gung Ho enough in the Navy. Just stood watch with weapons like the .50 caliber and M4 thousands of time with no action. Maybe the closest I got was staring a foreign soldier in the face from 50 yards off across the pier. My buddies awhile back got killed by suicide bombers, but I never saw the bombers. Oh well. No need to get my butt killed in something as simple as a home invasion with my gung ho attitude, LOL. I gotta keep it real.

Currently on Tour as Military Instructor in Virginia Beach, VA. Navy Pistol Expert, Navy Shotgun Course Expert, Naval Boarding Team Experience, M60 Boat Gunner, 50 Cal Machine Gun and 25mm Chain Gun Captain. Experienced in various large firearms including the Surface Launched Torpedoes. Own more than 5 personal firearms of every type known.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:05 AM   #12

Good points, guys. I also watched the video. Heck yeah! Great idea! That little pouch thing seems like a better idea. Thanks, Sgt Miller! Hooorah!

Currently on Tour as Military Instructor in Virginia Beach, VA. Navy Pistol Expert, Navy Shotgun Course Expert, Naval Boarding Team Experience, M60 Boat Gunner, 50 Cal Machine Gun and 25mm Chain Gun Captain. Experienced in various large firearms including the Surface Launched Torpedoes. Own more than 5 personal firearms of every type known.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:06 AM   #13
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

For the bump in the night gun and light are all I would grab. If the light is attached to the firearm even better imo. I get the idea of a tack vest or a pouch around the neck But both take time and I'm niot going to give the BD something grab onto. Imagine being strangled with the pouch you put around your neck! Your not going on a recon mission in a war zone your clearing your home, keep it simple, practice and if there is a threat put them down. No need for handcuffs or a first aide kit at that moment in time.

The one thing I did add to my night stand is a spare alarm remote for my truck. It's always parked in the driveway not in the garage. So If I have the thought/time I could hit the panic button, distract the BD or possibly wake the neighbors.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:11 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
No need for handcuffs or a first aide kit at that moment in time.
Sorry, but thats just hilarious. I thought of a someone whipping out a first aid kit after being shot, instead of calling 911. LOL.

Quote:
The one thing I did add to my night stand is a spare alarm remote for my truck. It's always parked in the driveway not in the garage. So If I have the thought/time I could hit the panic button, distract the BD or possibly wake the neighbors.
That is a very good idea. Way to think of outside the box.

S.S.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:09 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
For the bump in the night gun and light are all I would grab. If the light is attached to the firearm even better imo. I get the idea of a tack vest or a pouch around the neck But both take time and I'm niot going to give the BD something grab onto. Imagine being strangled with the pouch you put around your neck! Your not going on a recon mission in a war zone your clearing your home, keep it simple, practice and if there is a threat put them down. No need for handcuffs or a first aide kit at that moment in time.

That's the best idea that I've heard that I didn't even think of. Car alarm. Genius. My Surefire light has edging on it, so I could use it as an impact weapon, or way to make someone comply with me. That's what I like better than an attached flashlight. I would get the attached flashlight too, but that costs money. I have a Laser sight on the gun though. It takes practice at the range because it doesn't pinpoint exactly where the rounds go, but if you practice for the difference, it could be very good to have in a situation, however you have to make sure you don't use it to give away your position, or to break your concealment.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:10 PM   #16

When I mentioned First Aid, I definetely meant to have it nearby. Of course I would not run around the house with a first aid kit in my hand. I'd be like, "Here! Bad Guy, heal yourself with this. Let's be friends!" LOL

Old 08-22-2009, 07:41 PM   #17

I happen to be a fan of shoulder bags. They're quick to grab, hold enough stuff to be useful, and you can ditch 'em over a shoulder as quick as you can put it on if you need to.

Old 08-23-2009, 12:00 AM   #18

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

No need for a purse/faggy pack when the burglar/rapist/killer invades my home.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 08-23-2009, 12:43 AM   #19

Liked 414 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 1208

i seen this on guns and ammo tv the shooting instructer had a little purse type bag he hung around his neck he said he would put his cell phone an extra magazine and a small flash light in it at night and he would hang it near his bed for quick access.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:22 AM   #20
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sausn2002 View Post
That's the best idea that I've heard that I didn't even think of. Car alarm. Genius. My Surefire light has edging on it, so I could use it as an impact weapon, or way to make someone comply with me. That's what I like better than an attached flashlight. I would get the attached flashlight too, but that costs money. I have a Laser sight on the gun though. It takes practice at the range because it doesn't pinpoint exactly where the rounds go, but if you practice for the difference, it could be very good to have in a situation, however you have to make sure you don't use it to give away your position, or to break your concealment.
The shurefire with the tangs on it is a sweet tool and the only free hand light with the exception of a 4 D cell mag light I would use as it can also be used for defense. Depending on the laser you have they can pin point your target, they require zeroing in much like a scope on a rifle. If your laser doesn't allow adjustment then you have the wrong one. As for giving away postion in a home defense senerio you wouldn't turn on your flash light our your laser until your were ready to light up a target. The bad guy is on your feild and you know your home well. Even if you live alone you have to know the target as a threat before you put them down, don't want to shoot a neighbor, friend or family member. Light em up, understand the threat, take aim, fire or not in a second. It happens fast so practice on a regular basis.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.