Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > a tactical pen??? really???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 10:58 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

While the tactical pen it's self might not be so hot. I don't think a bad guy really cares if you stuck him with an authentic tactical pen. I have a cousin who is meaner than a rattlesnake crossed with blacksnake. She stuck me with a Bic pen when we were kids. I still take my hat off when I see her. The idea of using a pen to defend yourself, if you get the chance, isn't a bad idea.

A pair of channel locks or a crescent wrench will wear someone out. I don't think anyone would see either as a weapon.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Last edited by Old_Crow; 11-19-2012 at 11:03 PM.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:10 AM   #62

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Pain and compliance isn't the idea, at least the way I look at it. A mugging or robbery is one thing; that's just money or stuff. But: If I or a loved one is being attacked, or if I even sense a chance of it -- I go for the eye, the temple, the throat, with whatever I can grab. With a gun, it's head shot or heart shot, and more than one. Kill if you can. No prisoners, no mercy. All in.

I learned it young; boys fight to prove they're tough. Men fight when they have to, with everything they've got, and that means you hold nothing back. If you don't grasp that, you don't understand what "self-defense" really means.

"Valor needs first strength, then a weapon."
-- J. R. R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

"Free men have arms; slaves do not."
-- William Blackstone (1723-1780)

Old 11-22-2012, 12:15 AM   #63
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1678 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
While the tactical pen it's self might not be so hot. I don't think a bad guy really cares if you stuck him with an authentic tactical pen. I have a cousin who is meaner than a rattlesnake crossed with blacksnake. She stuck me with a Bic pen when we were kids. I still take my hat off when I see her. The idea of using a pen to defend yourself, if you get the chance, isn't a bad idea.

A pair of channel locks or a crescent wrench will wear someone out. I don't think anyone would see either as a weapon.
Tools like that usually won't make it through TSA. Usually have to check the toolbox instead of carry on.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 11-22-2012, 12:30 AM   #64

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Tools like that usually won't make it through TSA. Usually have to check the toolbox instead of carry on.
That is never a problem for me. My boots won't fit in the overhead compartment. I always have to check one bag.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 11-22-2012, 09:56 AM   #65

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

this thread goes on and on and on....about a tactical flippin' pen....ooh oooh I'm dangerous, I carry a pen

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 11-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #66

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82
this thread goes on and on and on....about a tactical flippin' pen....ooh oooh I'm dangerous, I carry a pen
Yeah, thanks for the sarcasm. This was my position; I'm 62 years old, I was in Canada where you can't carry a gun, a knife bigger than a penknife, or even pepper spray. So what's YOUR brilliant easy solution? Sorry, I couldn't learn Shaolin Kung Fu or Gracie JiuJitsu in 2 weeks. Suggestions?

"Valor needs first strength, then a weapon."
-- J. R. R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

"Free men have arms; slaves do not."
-- William Blackstone (1723-1780)

Old 11-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #67

Liked 2371 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnorman18

Yeah, thanks for the sarcasm. This was my position; I'm 62 years old, I was in Canada where you can't carry a gun, a knife bigger than a penknife, or even pepper spray. So what's YOUR brilliant easy solution? Sorry, I couldn't learn Shaolin Kung Fu or Gracie JiuJitsu in 2 weeks. Suggestions?
Carry a vicious little person in a backpack! Easy solution.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #68
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1678 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Carry a vicious little person in a backpack! Easy solution.
Or a trunk monkey!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 11-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #69

Liked 39 Times on 32 Posts

I carry a smith&wesson tactical pen everyday! For real!

. Mossberg 500 12g
. Stoeger Coach 12g
RIFLES:
. Remington 700 300 WinMag
. Bushmaster M-4 223
. Ruger Mini-14 223
. Ruger 10/22 22LR (x2)
. Rossi 1892 Lever 357
HANDGUNS:
. Remington R1 & R1S 1911 45 ACP (x2)
. Springfield Armory XDm 45 ACP
. Beretta Px4 Storm 45 ACP
. Beretta 92FS 9mm (x2)
. Ruger Vaquero 357 (x2)
. Ruger LCR 357
. Ruger LCP 380
. Ruger 22/45 22LR
. Walther P22 22LR

Old 11-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #70

Liked 257 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Government issue skill craft pen. It punches holes in paper that look exactly like a 5.56 round. I don't think it gets any more tactical than that.