a tactical pen??? really??? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > a tactical pen??? really???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #31
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7092 Times on 4269 Posts
Likes Given: 8600

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
Interesting how others are allowed to have and express opinions, but when it comes to me having mine its suddenly not okay.

I'm not saying you can't, not even suggesting it. It's a to each their own kind of thing. I'm just bringing up good points for any of those that might be thinking about getting one. Now I will admit I'm doing so in a very sarcastic manner, at the expense of others' differing, and some appreciate sarcasm while others don't. That too is a personal preference sort of thing.

Grains of salt is all I can say. Like I stated, I'm going to get one.

I see. Sarcasm doesn't go over too well in the printed word.

Of course you are entitled to express your opinion. What we don't like is belittling others or laughing at others who may have a differing opinion than your own.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #32

Liked 286 Times on 248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

I see. Sarcasm doesn't go over too well in the printed word.

Of course you are entitled to express your opinion. What we don't like is belittling others or laughing at others who may have a differing opinion than your own.
How could one not laugh at the idea of a tactical pen? Come on!!!! Step back from things and see, I'm laughing at the idea of it. Own one, use it, may even come in handy someday, but to not laugh at the concept of a "tactical" PEN is crazy. No? I've got a tactical boot with steel toe. I mean really. I give.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #33

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

We all surrender to the moderator with the tactical pen. He/She might stab one of us in the eye with the thing.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 11-14-2012, 07:23 PM   #34
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
How could one not laugh at the idea of a tactical pen? Come on!!!! Step back from things and see, I'm laughing at the idea of it. Own one, use it, may even come in handy someday, but to not laugh at the concept of a "tactical" PEN is crazy. No? I've got a tactical boot with steel toe. I mean really. I give.
Okay. I must admit when my friend said he was going to the gun show to buy a tactical pen I asked him if it was a pen with a scope, flashlight, bayonet, etc. But I still want one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
We all surrender to the moderator with the tactical pen. He/She might stab one of us in the eye with the thing.
If I resort to violence as a Mod, Notdku deducts a weeks pay from my paycheck.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
And to think, an Old Crow being the voice of reason. All Crows do is caw!

Never more! Hahaha

I'm still getting one. My current collection has mostly rare woods and a silver golfglub shaped pen (speaking of novelty). This one would lend it a little more manlyness for sure.

Maybe one good for breaking glass, I can keep in my car and in case I go over bridge because of a Changing-Wind or that Wind's car... Hahaha

Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 11-14-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #36

Quote:

Okay. I must admit when my friend said he was going to the gun show to buy a tactical pen I asked him if it was a pen with a scope, flashlight, bayonet, etc. But I still want one.

If I resort to violence as a Mod, Notdku deducts a weeks pay from my paycheck.
This right here is a VERY enlightened soul! More so than I in spades! Kudos to you WoC, sort of inspiring to see this on the internet.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #37
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Maybe one good for breaking glass, I can keep in my car and in case I go over bridge because of a Changing-Wind or that Wind's car... Hahaha
Be careful. Those changing winds can be quite fierce and catch one off guard.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #38

Quote:

Be careful. Those changing winds can be quite fierce and catch one off guard.
I'm picking up on that quickly.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #39

Liked 1109 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 348

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kubotan

Quote:
'Kubotan' is a registered trademark of Takayuki Kubota, who originally developed it as a tool for police officers to restrain suspects without permanent injury. Its popularity began in the mid-1970s when Kubota first brought the weapon to the attention of the LAPD and began schooling female officers in its application. It is often touted as extremely effective in breaking the will of unruly suspects with painful locks and pressure point strikes. Because of that the Kubotan is also sometimes dubbed the 'instrument of attitude adjustment'. In some law enforcement and security circles it is known as "The Persuader".
The tactical pen doesn't seem very different from this. With training it seems to be a decent tool.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

People Like This 
Old 11-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

BTB, i received a pen the other day from a client; it has a 4gb memory stick under the twist end. That was a new one on me, but given the plastic construction, hardly one for the collection.

"Tactical" may be a misnomer, but these pens do serve a dual (or duel) purpose for those with nothing better available. I think the labeling is just hanging you up, like i get annoyed when people refer to their income tax REFUND as their income tax RETURN. I think it bugs me due to my closer relationship to tax returns and tax refunds (accountant); it is probably the same with you and pens, given your collection.

edit* Yunus, i had a similar item that screwed apart to reveal its knife blade. It was neat. Looks like a government job office key there .

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 11-14-2012 at 07:51 PM.