a tactical pen??? really??? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > a tactical pen??? really???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 04:51 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I disagree that any pen can be used as a weapon. I think most plastic pens would crack and be ineffective as a weapon. And I do have a metal barreled pen but I don't think it would make as effective a stabbing weapon as a true tactical pen.
The tactical pens i've seen advertised appear to be optimized for grip and pointyness, making them better stabbing weapons. Of course, if it comes down to it, i'll be using my finger to stab some eyeballs or punching somebody with my big nissan key stiking out between my knuckles.

I wonder if those rings people had in high school are still legal? The ones with bulls horns sticking out or similar excuses for points. I have seen that be reeeeeally effective at leaving reminders.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 11-14-2012, 04:54 PM   #22

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin-owner View Post
seems kinda funky to me... a fighting pen. i would rather have a knife in self defense.
you use what you have at hand at the moment ... I once used a hardcover book to defend myself ... knocked the other kid out cold

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

People Like This 
Old 11-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
you use what you have at hand at the moment ... I once used a hardcover book to defend myself ... knocked the other kid out cold
Cuz "knowledge is power".

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 11-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #24

Liked 1090 Times on 643 Posts
Likes Given: 341

I've got the Mil-tac pen like Jpyle and many of us older members have from the special deal with the knife. It's a really nice pen and while I wouldn't call it a "weapon", it's very strong and I would prefer to have it over a regular pen in a bad situation.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

People Like This 
Old 11-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 946 Times on 624 Posts
Likes Given: 1222

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin-owner View Post
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/index.php/cName/tactical-pens

there is the link to the site that sells tactical fighting pens... yes, writing pens... does this seem ridiculous to anybody else? that would never work! say a meth head is coming at you with an illegal gun, or a knife? you think his numb body would feel you poking at him with your fancy pen? doubtful, buy a knife with the same amount that your pen cost.
obviuosly you've never seen what a Bic pen or even a pencil can do to the throat,and eyes. Just saying....

ST~

Become steel or get cut.
Balota Likes This 
Old 11-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #26

Liked 285 Times on 247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

Yesss......thank you. I think I might buy one of those some day when my finances are a little less tight. I also like the idea of the tactical pen with a fire striker.

I disagree that any pen can be used as a weapon. I think most plastic pens would crack and be ineffective as a weapon. And I do have a metal barreled pen but I don't think it would make as effective a stabbing weapon as a true tactical pen.
It may be optimized for the job, but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone stabbed with a pen or pencil that says they'd be more scared of these "tactical" (almost sh1t my pants laughing while writing that word) pen.

I'll tell you what, I've got something even better. If you'vre really looking for a self-defense gimmick I've got this amazing "tactical" dustbunny. You can crush it into a powder and throw it in a BGs eyes to temporarily disable their ability to attack by sight, giving you the ability to get away.

Ingredients: flour, water

(insert head shaking here)

Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 11-24-2012 at 10:29 PM.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #27

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Hell, I already have a diamond horseshoe ring. If that won't get the job done I don't think a tactical pen is going to help.

I already found a tactical pen for $3.29 at office depot. If I put any effort into it I can find a better pen for less.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Last edited by Old_Crow; 11-14-2012 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Pen link

Old 11-14-2012, 05:45 PM   #28

Maybe one that spurts pepper spray, now that I could see having credence as a defensive tool. What a joke.

Now I'm going to get one. Hahaha

Seriously though, I'm a pen collector too, this would be the perfect topper to my collection. Wow! Cheapest one I'll have bought too. Hahaha Considering that who's the real idiot here, hmmmm. Hahahaha

Rethinking my position on this.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #29
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7036 Times on 4235 Posts
Likes Given: 8481

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
It may be optimized for the job, but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone stabbed with a pen or pencil that says they'd be more scared of these "tactical" (almost sh1t my pants laughing while writing that word) pen.

I'll tell you what, I've got something even better. If you'vre really looking for a self-defense gimmick I've got this amazing "tactical" dustbunny. You can crush it into a powder and throw it in a BGs eyes to temporarily disable their ability to attack by sight, giving you the ability to get away.

Ingredients: four, water

(insert head shaking here)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
Maybe one that spurts pepper spray, now that I could see having credence as a defensive tool. What a joke.

Now I'm going to get one. Hahaha

Seriously though, I'm a pen collector too, this would be the perfect topper to my collection. Wow! Cheapest one I'll have bought too. Hahaha Considering that who's the real idiot here, hmmmm. Hahahaha

Rethinking my position on this.
OKay, we get it. You think it's a stupid idea. Great. It's really okay for others to think and have opinions different than yours. Really, it's okay.
People Like This 
Old 11-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

OKay, we get it. You think it's a stupid idea. Great. It's really okay for others to think and have opinions different than yours. Really, it's okay.
Interesting how others are allowed to have and express opinions, but when it comes to me having mine its suddenly not okay.

I'm not saying you can't, not even suggesting it. It's a to each their own kind of thing. I'm just bringing up good points for any of those that might be thinking about getting one. Now I will admit I'm doing so in a very sarcastic manner, at the expense of others' differing, and some appreciate sarcasm while others don't. That too is a personal preference sort of thing.

Grains of salt is all I can say. Like I stated, I'm going to get one.