Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Tactical Clothing (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/tactical-clothing-58857/)

northhike 02-26-2012 11:03 PM

Tactical Clothing

It really escapes me as to why these companies in mainstream outdoor stores design tactical clothing to look like tactical clothing. Isn't the point of CC to not alert anyone you are in posession of a firearm, knife or ammo? :confused:
When you dress in black miltary looking clothing and a black backpack with loops for bullets you might as well wear a sign thats says "Guns AND Ammo Here.....please check me out!":rolleyes: I like to blend...not stand out.

rigjumpr 02-26-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

I like to blend...not stand out.
Then I wouldn’t buy that type of gear.
And by the way the “loops” on the backpack are not for bullets. Which I have one I use for my laptop among other things the loops are to add more storage or Molle accessories.
One last thing, if you where to go hiking you may need the extra pockets in the “Tactical” pants.

Greg_E 02-26-2012 11:35 PM

Buy a pair of Blackie Collins Toters jeans. They have built in holster pockets and you can't blend in any better. They cost about $90 a pair, but wear like iron!

northhike 02-27-2012 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rigjumpr (Post 721438)
Then I wouldn’t buy that type of gear.
And by the way the “loops” on the backpack are not for bullets. Which I have one I use for my laptop among other things the loops are to add more storage or Molle accessories.
One last thing, if you where to go hiking you may need the extra pockets in the “Tactical” pants.

I don't and wouldn't buy it.....glad we have that cleared up. :confused: My point was if you are going to make clothing and accessories for use with your weapons (which in itself is a great idea) do it in a way that doesn't scream "I HAVE A WEAPON." I just find it ironic thats all. If you wear it....good for you. IMHO its just stands out and defeats the purpose of not letting anyone know (including those who wish to do you harm) you are carrying.

hmh 02-27-2012 02:13 AM

Have to agree my vehicle has no stickers on it. And wearing a tan vest especially in the summer screams I HAVE A GUN. My tactical clothing consists of blue jeans or carhartt pants and a shirt that will cover my pistol. My tell would be if I am wearing a button up shirt i never button the last button.

trip286 02-27-2012 03:05 AM

I've already checked it out. My new 1911 conceals perfectly under my Hawaiian shirts. Silk with coconut buttons. The ultimate in concealment.

And in the winter time, a jacket. What else?

hmh 02-27-2012 03:15 AM

Hawaiian shirt, you don't need to paint a target on your back. Just joking

trip286 02-27-2012 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmh

Mississippi summers can occasionally reach 120 fahrenheit, with 90% humidity. I'm also a beach bum at heart. :) I wear cargo shorts and flip flops too.

northhike 02-27-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmh (Post 721723)

LOL!...I like it. Maybe camera around your neck to really say "I'm just a tourist." However the camera is a .9mm semi-auto with zoom. :D

PanBaccha 02-27-2012 01:15 PM

I usually wear a Blue Stone vest ~ 10 pockets, two ccw holsters inside, more pockets, 5 mag holders & 5 cartridge holders, plus a small faded flag in front. Great comfort.