SW 380 Bodyguard... Shortening The Trigger Pull/Reset

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > SW 380 Bodyguard... Shortening The Trigger Pull/Reset

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 01:58 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Default SW 380 Bodyguard... Shortening The Trigger Pull/Reset

I just bought the SW 380 BG for Christmas and feel the same way as most. I absolutely love it with one exception. The length of the trigger pull/reset is pretty ridiculous . Is there ANY way to have that shortened by a gunsmith or is there a trigger mod available for it? I am new to handgun mechanics but I would think there would have to be something that can be done.

Thanks,
Randy

"Only an armed people can be truly free. Only an unarmed people can ever be enslaved." - Aristotle

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-23-2012, 03:00 AM   #2
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1166 Posts
Likes Given: 771

Keep in mind, the BG is not a range or target gun. The BG is a self defense weapon. When you have to pull that trigger, your heart rate, blood pressure, and adrenaline are going to be sky high. In that situation, I do not want a short, light trigger pull... particularly in a pistol designed to be carried in my pocket.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 02-23-2012, 04:22 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
Keep in mind, the BG is not a range or target gun. The BG is a self defense weapon. When you have to pull that trigger, your heart rate, blood pressure, and adrenaline are going to be sky high. In that situation, I do not want a short, light trigger pull... particularly in a pistol designed to be carried in my pocket.
I realize that but at the same time when I was doing some target practice I noticed that the trigger has to be pulled so far back it causes my hand (fairly big, slender/average hand size) to "twist" in the motion that would normally be smooth and effects my accuracy. The BG is also one of the few cc 380s with a safety so I am not so concerned with a shorter trigger pull because it is in my pocket or wherever. I want it fixed/modified.

"Only an armed people can be truly free. Only an unarmed people can ever be enslaved." - Aristotle

Old 02-23-2012, 05:10 AM   #4
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1166 Posts
Likes Given: 771

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryevick View Post
The BG is also one of the few cc 380s with a safety so I am not so concerned with a shorter trigger pull because it is in my pocket or wherever. I want it fixed/modified.
Hear ya. If you're planning on using the safety, then a lighter, shorter trigger is more reasonable. Myself, I don't use the safety so I'm fine with the stock trigger.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA