In the summer in florida - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

In the summer in florida

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 06:18 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default Same Gun always!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrow12tech View Post
Is there anyone form Florida on here and have there ccw and they carry in the heat of summer what gun do you carry and where
Yes I have lived in Southern Florida for 15 years. I have answered this question several other times on several forums and I will make this short and sweet. I do not and never have considered the weather as a criteria to determine what type gun I should carry! My EDC for the last year and a half has been the Glock 36 and before that I would carry the G26 and sometimes the G30. It should never ever matter to you how hot or cold it is. If you really think about this, the gun you carry every day should be the best gun for you to use in a self defense situation and nothing else should ever matter! Enough said!

Old 01-10-2012, 12:06 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

For some people, depending on build, it is easier to conceal a gun in an IWB holster in the 1:00-2:00 position with a loose, fairly long shirt over it. That way it avoids the problem of the lop-sided appearance when having the right side of your waist look bigger than the left side when carrying at 3:00 in a belt holster. A CZ 2075 or Para Warthog, or similar sized piece can be concealed pretty well that way. Also a snubbie revolver, such as a j-frame .38 or a Charter Arms Bulldog. Just be careful when standing at the urinal so the gun doesn't get "indecently exposed".

Old 01-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #23

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I usually wear shorts and an untucked polo shirt. I usually carry my Browning Hi-Power IWB. Sometimes I carry one of the wife's pistols in a front pocket (Walther PPK/S or Glock 27). Easy, breezy.

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
William S. Burroughs

Old 01-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

It might be a bit of a challenge for a lady wearing a string bikini.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:32 PM   #25

Gets hot in Vegas too. I am usually in jeans with tucked tee and unbuttoned sport shirt. Usually carrying 5" or 3" 1911 in Galco horse hide IWB at 4 o'clock. When the temps get above 105, I might just opt for untucked tee. But most of the time I'm minimizing my time outside with those temps so stick with the plan. Jeans are boot cut and with western-style boots I can get to my backup .38 from an ankle holster if I really, really need it. I have worn shorts, but with my legs, it just isn't proper. Shorts don't affect the primary gun carry. After a surgery I was having to wear sweats for awhile. I use a Smartcarry with the 3" 1911 or .38 depending on the amount of sitting I thought I was going to do. Nevada allows open carry in most of the places I go. So I don't give a lot of worrying to printing or an occasional flash. I try to prevent it, but don't worry about it.