In the summer in florida - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > In the summer in florida

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 10:02 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I live in Central Florida and I carry a Taurus 605 .357 magnum revolver. It conceals so well IWB that I can wear almost anything. Even with a tight-fitting T-shirt on its very hard to tell I'm carrying.

forumrunner_20111220_180154.jpg

Old 12-24-2011, 01:33 AM   #12

I live in South Florida ... I carry a S&W M&P 40c in a Rhino OWB holster. I wear shorts and T-Shirt with that rig A LOT and never had a problem.

Old 12-24-2011, 01:37 AM   #13

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Just something cool to share.

downloadfile-14.jpeg

NEVER FORGET

Old 12-25-2011, 08:33 PM   #14

Likes Given: 2

I have a choice depending on dress, etc. I can carry my Kel-Tec P-32, but I no longer have any faith in that piece of poorly made junk which has been sitting at the factory awaiting repairs for two weeks after owning it for one week and one range appearance, and now will have nothing done at least until late January in that Kel-Tec apparently believes that after working the challenging hours of 9-3 daily, they need three weeks off for xmas. Then there is my LCP with Crimson Trace which always works flawlessly at the range. One more increment up is my Kahr PC9 which I love, and is a very recent acquisition which has put 500 flawless rounds through it since its recent purchase, and then finally my favorite if dressed appropriately, my Kimber Ultra Raptor II.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I'm in FL and carry a little .22 Mag Black Widow in a soft pocket holster. No rust so far on the stainless finish.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:55 PM   #16

Liked 261 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 25

pedalmasher Lucky you did not get one of the rugers that had problems or it would be trash too I guess. Kahr built and sold more firearms that ruger last year . Concedering they have 1/3rd the line up that would say some pistol get out the door with problems more often than ruger.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:00 AM   #17

Likes Given: 2

Hardluk1, as I ponder the websites, there is not a gun that does not have its share of horror stories. Even my very expensive Kimber Raptor has had issues with some users. Above, I alluded to my PC9 and I meant PM9. Problems with anything Kel-Tec is not surprising after briefly having my P-32 which now lives at the factory for some indeterminate amount of time to simply replace the magazine release spring. I'll never even look at one of their products again, but then again the old adage of "You get what you pay for" rings true again.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:19 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

I live in South Carolina, and it gets over 100 degrees in the summer here, too. When I have to wear light clothes, I carry a Para ordnance Warthog, a .45 ACP with 3" barrel, double-stacked magazine with 10+1 capacity. Overall length 6.5", height 4.5". I carry it in an Uncle Mike size 16 belt holster, and wear a loose T-shirt over it, long enough to cover it. If I can wear a longer, lightweight button shirt, I carry a Taurus PT-940, a 10+1 .40 S&W with 3.875 barrel. Overall length 7", height 5". The relatively short double-stacked grip makes it easy to conceal. Usually a long grip (height of gun over 5"), regardless of barrel length, will be what causes a gun to "print", or to have its shape show though a shirt. Sometime I carry a Charter Arms Bulldog, a .44 Special revolver with 2.5" barrel, 7.2" long and 5.25" tall, in a pocket holster.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:52 AM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I carry a Kahr CW9 all summer,it gets hot here in the summer too. I carry in a cheap Galco iwb. With a tee shirt over it no problems with the gun,corrosion,holster or printing (were open carry anyway)

Old 01-10-2012, 01:22 AM   #20

I do live in Florida, Ocala to be specific, and the summer heat here is rather brutal sometimes. I never fail to carry a firearm. My EDC is usually a Ruger SR9C in an Uncle Mikes #15 IWB holster. I am a big guy, (375 lbs) so I generally wear a tee shirt tucked in then an over shirt untucked for concealment. I carry at the 3 to 4 o'clock position. I can easily conceal the Ruger with the 17 round magazine and have never been outed. When the holster gets wet from sweat and or rain, I always dry it out and never let the gun set in a wet holster. This set up works great with my CZ 2075 Rami or my Springfield EMP. It has taken a while to find a system that is both comfortable and easily concealable. If I carry a full frame, I use an OWB Galco holster with a thick duty belt that keeps the firearm close to the body.
This is what works for me. There are several combinations available and only through trial and error will find the one that works for you. Don't get discouraged and decide not to carry. That just might be the day you need to defend yourself or a loved one and you are not prepared.
Just a thought.

Be well.

Considering the consequences is never wasted time.