Summer Carry
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Summer Carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 02:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts

Default Summer Carry

With summer approaching I need to find a good way to conceal carry. During the winter months I have just put my 9mm in a cheap blackhawk holster and put it inside my carhart. In the summer I mainly wear athletic shorts with a T-shirt, I would like to still carry my SR9c, but also hace a Ruger LCR .357 if necessary. What do you guys think would be a good comfortable holster?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-01-2013, 07:29 AM   #2

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Belly band or fannypack.

Or buy some shorts that have belt loops...

Old 04-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2950 Times on 1700 Posts
Likes Given: 1270

Having one handgun for carry is like having one pair of shoes.

Just as Wing-tips are not appropriate on the beach, so is trying to hide a full size 1911 in your Speedo's.

You have to work on what is best for you. And yes, the holsters (even if uncomfortable) should be comforting.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 04-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #4

Liked 393 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I carry either a S&W Shield or a snubby in a pocket holster. A IWB or OWB holster will try to pull your shorts down and, with a t-shirt, will print so badly you may as well open carry. My experience you understand, other opinions may differ.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #5

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I pocket-carry a J-frame the year around, mostly in a Desantis Nemesis holster, since I discovered that one, or an Uncle Mike's pocket holster. Nobody seems to notice it. But then I'm 150 years old, so probably no one figures me to be carrying.

That suits me just fine. I like a low profile.

"Don't let macho be your epitaph."
---Ed Lovette

SWIll Likes This 
Old 04-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #6

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

For a couple of years during the hot, summertime weather conditions I would wear a wifebeater underneath my T-shirt or golf shirt to accommodate my IWB SuperTuck Deluxe in which I carried an XD-40. It concealed OK, but the two layers of shirts in the heat made it uncomfortable.

I've since gone to carrying an LCP in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster for summer carry. I usually wear shorts with deep front pockets and it conceals well there.

Carrying full time does involve compromise.

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Old 04-04-2013, 02:28 AM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I too like to wear sport shorts and Tees in the summer but I am not man enough yet to sport a fanny pack in public.
I tried a few different ideas and finally went with the Smart Carry Holster. It is more comfortable then most can believe and it works better for me in shorts then with pants.(I am a fat guy). I could only imagine it would be better for a skinny guy or gal
I personally would recommend giving it a try.

http://smartcarry.com/

I hope it is ok to post this web site. If not then I am sorry in advance.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:17 AM   #8
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2950 Times on 1700 Posts
Likes Given: 1270

Quote:
Originally Posted by coinbuyer View Post
http://smartcarry.com/

I hope it is ok to post this web site. If not then I am sorry in advance.
It is okay to reference another site as you have done.

What is not allowed is plagiarism. If you quote another site, the site URL should be included.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 04-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfmdl View Post
With summer approaching I need to find a good way to conceal carry. During the winter months I have just put my 9mm in a cheap blackhawk holster and put it inside my carhart. In the summer I mainly wear athletic shorts with a T-shirt, I would like to still carry my SR9c, but also hace a Ruger LCR .357 if necessary. What do you guys think would be a good comfortable holster?
Know what you mean. Hence, the wearing of Remora holster inside athletic shorts and tee-shirt in Florida. Never falls out even if one were to jump up and down. Stays in place.
remora.jpg  

Old 04-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #10

Liked 164 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 48

I have pretty successful concealing my Taurus PT 740 by using a IWB holster. Just have to be careful when you sit cause I have been pinched. You might also look into an Allen belt slide holsters.