Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Summer carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 285 Times on 247 Posts

I've tried belly, even one of those tshirts whit pocket built in. Nothing works for me. Thanks tho. I do appreciate you trying to be helpful tho, sincerely.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha

... as I do not wear belts with summer shorts.
Me either and i wear them low hip so the added weight in pocket is fine being in front, but on waiste is not, pulls them off. I've even tried one of those technaclips.

I don't wear cargo, my clothes have only 2 front and 2 back in pants/shorts, nowhere else. The Remora was the closest thing, but

Old 06-25-2012, 08:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent

Sounds like your comfort is more important to you than your safety, if that's the case, why worry about carrying at all?

You'll be the most comfortable corpse at the morgue should something happen...
It is, but I fail to understand your lack of comprehension. Question already answered through rationale that even the simplest of minds could deduce. Also answered in my very first post. Also a very common sense and fundamental firearms teaching...

Any gun is better than none.

And yes everyone by pure definition is at their most comfortable in their lives when dead. Still a very stupid comment. Who's to say my double 22lr to the face wont do exactly what your 45 would, which is self defense. May very well kill. Again, you all seem to be implying your own BS here. I'm not asking what you want, I'm telling you what I do. The only question here was dif in cal.

Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 06-25-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:57 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1189 Times on 578 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I have a J Frame Smith & Wesson .38 that is small, light and in a Don Hume pocket holster just disappears in any shorts pocket I have. From soccer shorts with just a drawstring (cannot beat that comfort), to cargo shorts.

Good luck with your choice. A two shot derringer would not be my choice as I am too old and too slow to outrun anyone, but it is better then throwing rocks.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:01 PM   #15

Liked 31 Times on 19 Posts

I have a crossbreed holster for my .380 auto and love it. The derringer comes in other calibers.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:53 AM   #16
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1753 Times on 1068 Posts
Likes Given: 2020

Have you tested your derringer? With 22LR the recoil is probably pretty small, but so is the grip. You might look into some of the micro semi-autos. A few of them are not much larger than a derringer, fit easily in a pocket holster and provide more, larger rounds. They're very flat, single stack, and might be about as comfortable as the derringer.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 06-26-2012, 02:10 AM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

the ONLY, and I mean ONLY, to end all holster for summer carry is the Remora. Comfort, affordable, and simple works the best. Any size gun but best with a .45 since anything eles is just silly.
Go ahead and lock this thread.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:31 AM   #18

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellwood45c View Post
Look up the remora holsters, i did per canbrakes suggestion. I carried my full size 1911 gov yesterday iwb wearing cargo shorts. Comfortable easy to carry , and will be buying another remora.
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchops View Post
the ONLY, and I mean ONLY, to end all holster for summer carry is the Remora. Comfort, affordable, and simple works the best. Any size gun but best with a .45 since anything eles is just silly.
Go ahead and lock this thread.
You're in the PNW and have a problem with summer carry? Boo Hoo!

Take a hint from us who have a serious hot weather carry issue here in sub-tropical South Florida, buy a Remora for the carry piece of your choice and reintroduce yourself to comfortable CC.

A true hot weather holster that carries extremely well and does not require you to dance-with-the-devil to use it.

Remora Holsters

Call Jacqui 239-207-0602 and tell her canebrake said hi.

I'm a big Remora fan.

The Ruger is appendix carried and the 1911's are kidney carried. The x2 mag pouch holds my xtra mag and my EDC knife.

All are No-Clip, Non-Slip Concealment Holsters, put 'em where you want.

It's the kindest thing I do to my guns.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 06-26-2012, 03:23 AM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

You need to get into some cargo shorts, for both comfort and carry convenience. I also practice martial arts and have recently begun reassessing my wardrobe choices because I felt I wasn't "good to go" in the condition I was walking out the door.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:29 AM   #20

I'm a fanny pack man myself. It distributes the weight nice , easy access, comfortable.
If you are going to go with the 22 shoot for the eye or ear canal and it will scramble the brain. They may survive but they won't have any quality of life life.