Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Summer carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 257 Times on 227 Posts

Default Summer carry

Well the season is finally upon us and now I'm left with no carry options because none of shorts have deep enough pockets for even my LCP, which I gave to a buddy because it no longer is valid for me.

I will not carry anywhere else, have tried and would rather take chance of being shot than deal with the extreme discomforts. So what I've decided to do is get a derringer, as it's better to carry even a double shot low cal than it is to be without.

So I'm trying to decide if I should hold out for a 22mag or just get a 22lr. At the kind of range I'd be able to use such a mini I'm not so sure there'd be a difference, but I'm not too knowledgable on such things, thus I'm here.

Any help in decision would be greatly appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2910 Times on 1715 Posts

Sounds like you should have spent some more money on holster options. I wouldn't trust 2 shots of .22 to stop anything bigger than a fox. I would consider buying a knife instead.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7557 Times on 3290 Posts
Likes Given: 1121

I wear cargo shorts in the summer. My S&W Mdl 36 fits the pockets very well, in a soft holster.

The .22 Mag loses a LOT of velocity when fired from a 2 inch bbl. Different powder than the LR, really meant for longer bbl. And no, 22 LR or 22 Mag would not be my first choice.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Look up the remora holsters, i did per canbrakes suggestion. I carried my full size 1911 gov yesterday iwb wearing cargo shorts. Comfortable easy to carry , and will be buying another remora.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #5

Trust me, I'm with you guys on this, but my primary concern is comfort always. So far one answer is good. Thanks. Didn't think about barrel length being a factor. So 22lr it is.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellwood45c
Look up the remora holsters, i did per canbrakes suggestion. I carried my full size 1911 gov yesterday iwb wearing cargo shorts. Comfortable easy to carry , and will be buying another remora.
Tried it. Love it in my pocket. Haha

I'm a fit guy, no padding to help. Now open carry would be fine, but I'm dead set against that.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Ever try a belly band? No comfort issues and you can conceal a medium framed handgun very easily in the 4:30 position. Even in basketball shorts.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:22 PM   #8

Liked 181 Times on 144 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Hey guys he can figure it out on his own.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
Well the season is finally upon us and now I'm left with no carry options because none of shorts have deep enough pockets for even my LCP, which I gave to a buddy because it no longer is valid for me.

I will not carry anywhere else, have tried and would rather take chance of being shot than deal with the extreme discomforts. So what I've decided to do is get a derringer, as it's better to carry even a double shot low cal than it is to be without.

So I'm trying to decide if I should hold out for a 22mag or just get a 22lr. At the kind of range I'd be able to use such a mini I'm not so sure there'd be a difference, but I'm not too knowledgable on such things, thus I'm here.

A derringer? Lots of luck with that choice. As for holster choice I have several for both Ruger LCP and S&W 457. During summer I wear the Remora holster, as I do not wear belts with summer shorts.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:44 PM   #10

Liked 1949 Times on 1028 Posts
Likes Given: 4282

Quote:

Quote:
Trust me, I'm with you guys on this, but my primary concern is comfort always. So far one answer is good. Thanks. Didn't think about barrel length being a factor. So 22lr it is.
Sounds like your comfort is more important to you than your safety, if that's the case, why worry about carrying at all?

You'll be the most comfortable corpse at the morgue should something happen...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
towboater Likes This