Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Summer carry (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/summer-carry-67084/)

BeyondTheBox 06-25-2012 05:38 PM

Summer carry

Well the season is finally upon us and now I'm left with no carry options because none of shorts have deep enough pockets for even my LCP, which I gave to a buddy because it no longer is valid for me.

I will not carry anywhere else, have tried and would rather take chance of being shot than deal with the extreme discomforts. So what I've decided to do is get a derringer, as it's better to carry even a double shot low cal than it is to be without.

So I'm trying to decide if I should hold out for a 22mag or just get a 22lr. At the kind of range I'd be able to use such a mini I'm not so sure there'd be a difference, but I'm not too knowledgable on such things, thus I'm here.

Any help in decision would be greatly appreciated.

mountainman13 06-25-2012 05:43 PM

Sounds like you should have spent some more money on holster options. I wouldn't trust 2 shots of .22 to stop anything bigger than a fox. I would consider buying a knife instead.

c3shooter 06-25-2012 06:02 PM

I wear cargo shorts in the summer. My S&W Mdl 36 fits the pockets very well, in a soft holster.

The .22 Mag loses a LOT of velocity when fired from a 2 inch bbl. Different powder than the LR, really meant for longer bbl. And no, 22 LR or 22 Mag would not be my first choice.

ellwood45c 06-25-2012 06:09 PM

Look up the remora holsters, i did per canbrakes suggestion. I carried my full size 1911 gov yesterday iwb wearing cargo shorts. Comfortable easy to carry , and will be buying another remora.

BeyondTheBox 06-25-2012 06:14 PM

Trust me, I'm with you guys on this, but my primary concern is comfort always. So far one answer is good. Thanks. Didn't think about barrel length being a factor. So 22lr it is.

BeyondTheBox 06-25-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellwood45c
Look up the remora holsters, i did per canbrakes suggestion. I carried my full size 1911 gov yesterday iwb wearing cargo shorts. Comfortable easy to carry , and will be buying another remora.

Tried it. Love it in my pocket. Haha

I'm a fit guy, no padding to help. Now open carry would be fine, but I'm dead set against that.

naf84 06-25-2012 06:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ever try a belly band? No comfort issues and you can conceal a medium framed handgun very easily in the 4:30 position. Even in basketball shorts.

hardluk1 06-25-2012 07:22 PM

Hey guys he can figure it out on his own.

PanBaccha 06-25-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox (Post 848986)
Well the season is finally upon us and now I'm left with no carry options because none of shorts have deep enough pockets for even my LCP, which I gave to a buddy because it no longer is valid for me.

I will not carry anywhere else, have tried and would rather take chance of being shot than deal with the extreme discomforts. So what I've decided to do is get a derringer, as it's better to carry even a double shot low cal than it is to be without.

So I'm trying to decide if I should hold out for a 22mag or just get a 22lr. At the kind of range I'd be able to use such a mini I'm not so sure there'd be a difference, but I'm not too knowledgable on such things, thus I'm here.

A derringer? Lots of luck with that choice. As for holster choice I have several for both Ruger LCP and S&W 457. During summer I wear the Remora holster, as I do not wear belts with summer shorts.

vincent 06-25-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox (Post 848986)

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox (Post 849008)
Trust me, I'm with you guys on this, but my primary concern is comfort always. So far one answer is good. Thanks. Didn't think about barrel length being a factor. So 22lr it is.

Sounds like your comfort is more important to you than your safety, if that's the case, why worry about carrying at all? :confused:

You'll be the most comfortable corpse at the morgue should something happen...