Suck It sarah brady - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Suck It sarah brady

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2011, 10:46 PM   #21
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Holy cow man, 7 for 7. I like the training on that trigger finger, and his form and flinch improved quite a bit when he was shooting the .357 mag.

Good job. Mine's still too small for anything bigger than a .22, but I swear his Mama been giving him miracle grow in his food, so we'll be moving up in caliber/power sometime in the next couple years.

Was this before or after he shot the .357? I'm guessing before.
Yep, before. I have to roll up .357 rounds just for him. My 125 gr JFN sitting on 15 gr 2400 might be too much for him i think. i rolled some the other night with 4227 for him for our next trip.( I reclaimed some bullets from some early experiment/failures that i used just for him to burn up) then i will give him the option of trying out my HV rounds just to see how he does. I think he can handle the HV rounds with the hogue grip on the .357.

He asked if he could shoot the 1911 on the way home the trip before this one. I figured he could handle it, so i said "sure". This day, when he reminded me, his mother tried to psych him out by getting all worried giving me grief about how it was too big for him. But he stepped up and "took it like a man"...in retrospect, i am now bit more poor considering they ALL want to shoot the 1911 EVERY time we go.
Quote:
but I swear his Mama been giving him miracle grow in his food
Yeah, thats how it works....dont blink or he'll be driving!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 10-15-2011, 10:54 PM   #22

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
Yeah, thats how it works....dont blink or he'll be driving!
Please don't remind me, at least I've still got about 10 years. And at least he's the only one I've got, so I'll only have to buy one clunker!
I was given my first truck, but it was dragged out of a cornfield and I had to fix it and get it running myself, my son can look forward to pretty much the same thing.

Old 10-16-2011, 06:23 PM   #23

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

When we had our first child, my mother cautioned us that putting stuff up out of a kid's reach was the wrong approach. She believed it best to teach the child to leave things that didn't belong to them alone. Worked well for my kids.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:04 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 337 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 64

The only thing the young man did wrong was not hitting him in the head. The cost of that bullet would be saving taxpayers thousands of dollars per year.

Old 10-16-2011, 11:49 PM   #25
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1426 Times on 721 Posts
Likes Given: 1040

Quote:
I should hope and pray my boys would do the same...i mean after all the time, money, powder and bullets i have spent with them on the range i should HOPE...but i would expect the scumbags to be DOA outta my boys!!

Well said. I have three boys. Any of them could nail an intruder.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:00 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Like i tell folks, my dad BEAT my @$$ on a daily basis...but i never took a beatin' i didnt earn. To this day (damn near 42 years old) i dont fear cops or courts...but i fear what the old man will do to me if i screw up....and hes been dead for nigh on 14 years!!!
I only got my ass beat once that I did not deserve. My dad apologized
for it. But that incident and how Dad handled it taugh me alot on what
it really takes to be a man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
My son is almost 13. I leave my carry gun laying on the dresser or the kitchen table on a regular basis. He will sometimes ask, "Dad, can I look at it?" I always let him. He always checks and unloads it. He stays in the room with me while checking it out. If he is ever home alone when someone trys to break in, it will be a bad day to be a home invader. He could definately hold his own with my AR.
My 12 year just "purchased" his first gun a few weeks ago (to be legal I
purchased it), they have 5 guns they shoot regularly that are "mine".

Anytime my boys want to see guns I get them out. I use the time as
weapons safety training. I have several parents who let me take them to
our range whenever there is time. Training and safety are at the top of list
for the trips.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Last edited by Shade; 10-17-2011 at 12:02 AM.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:18 PM   #27

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaTmAn View Post
I noticed that the news reporter couldnt resist calling the weapon a assault rifle. I can just see the dad getting into all sorts of troubles for not locking up his guns Somebody is going to rant and rave about those poor people who got shot.

I say this they got what they deserved. Bet they think twice before they try to break into a house again.

Teach your kids about weapons and take the mystery and fascination away from them teach them they are a weapon and a tool, that can be enjoyed in a safe shooting enviroment but can ultimatley save your life and a life of a loved one. Then who's going to need locks.
The reporter showed her ignorance, assault rifle my foot, this weapon was used for personal protection. The label that is hung on a weapon should be for it's intended use, it was used for self defense, not to assault any one.

Congratulations to the young man for defending his family and home, even more congratulations to the dad that had the wisdom to teach him how to use the rifle. In today's world everyone in my home knows where the guns are and how to use them, and which ones to use depending on the need.

Now lets see how the media plays this out.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #28

I kind of wondered about the "assault" rifle as well. I expected an M50 the way the media made it sound. Kudos to the kid and the father (or mother) that taught him responsible firearm use.

Assault rifle. Hmmpf. Guess that makes my Sig .40cal a pea shooter.

Para bellum!!

Proud NRA Member! #172327456

Lansing, MI
Ruger P95PR and counting...

Old 10-17-2011, 06:03 PM   #29
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Well it IS an assault weapon....i would much prefer my kids have an assault weapon in the AR or 1911 platform as opposed to a kitchen blender platform.

ANYTHING used to beat/kill someone is an assault weapon...hell it coulda been an assault & pepper shaker!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 10-17-2011, 06:09 PM   #30

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Well it IS an assault weapon....i would much prefer my kids have an assault weapon in the AR or 1911 platform as opposed to a kitchen blender platform.

ANYTHING used to beat/kill someone is an assault weapon...hell it coulda been an assault & pepper shaker!
We need to remember, and so does the media, that assault rifles of 200 years and more ago were of the black powder variety, where you put some powder in the flash pan, powder down the barrel, bullet down the barrel with a ramrod.