Suck It sarah brady - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Suck It sarah brady

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 841 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Fine young man indeed

Old 10-15-2011, 04:17 PM   #12

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

On belts....

I'll bet money that boy gets a belt when he screws up.

Old 10-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #13

Liked 1037 Times on 620 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I am a father of two, an 8yr old boy and a 16 month old girl. My guns are in a gun cabinet in my bedroom but not locked. I have already started teaching my son about firearms and he knows that my guns are strictly off limits and he doesnt even think twice about wanting to sneak around and mess with them. He is a very smart boy and is learning very well about the world of firearms.. That boy should be commended for what he did, he bravely protected the life of himself and his sister. After the shock of the situation wore off i would be one proud dad.

Old 10-15-2011, 07:47 PM   #14
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
I am a father of two, an 8yr old boy and a 16 month old girl. My guns are in a gun cabinet in my bedroom but not locked. I have already started teaching my son about firearms and he knows that my guns are strictly off limits and he doesnt even think twice about wanting to sneak around and mess with them. He is a very smart boy and is learning very well about the world of firearms.. That boy should be commended for what he did, he bravely protected the life of himself and his sister. After the shock of the situation wore off i would be one proud dad.
Yessir, once i KNEW my kids were ok...i would be one VERY PROUD daddy. Imediatly start soothing the young man assuring him he had NO choice and Re-assuring him that he did the right thing. My worry would be lasting mental trauma.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 10-15-2011, 08:01 PM   #15

Liked 1037 Times on 620 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

Yessir, once i KNEW my kids were ok...i would be one VERY PROUD daddy. Imediatly start soothing the young man assuring him he had NO choice and Re-assuring him that he did the right thing. My worry would be lasting mental trauma.
I agree, that would be my worry. I know that its easier said than done, especially for a young person.hopefully that he realizes that he had no choice and realizes that his actions kept him and his sister alive. That boy is a true hero in my book, +1 for the good guys. I could care less about the condition of the dirtbag

Old 10-15-2011, 08:14 PM   #16

Liked 2110 Times on 1161 Posts
Likes Given: 1386

My son is almost 13. I leave my carry gun laying on the dresser or the kitchen table on a regular basis. He will sometimes ask, "Dad, can I look at it?" I always let him. He always checks and unloads it. He stays in the room with me while checking it out. If he is ever home alone when someone trys to break in, it will be a bad day to be a home invader. He could definately hold his own with my AR.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 10-15-2011, 08:37 PM   #17

I let my son (5 y.o.) handle my model 65 and my rifle on a regular basis.

A strange thing with him, he knows in what areas he can push the limits and get off with a finger shaking scolding, and he knows in what areas he will get an automatic cheek scalding, red for 5 days, cant sit for a month butt whippin with my belt.

He sneaks up and aggravates the snot out of me all the time with a wet willy (lick a finger and stick it in your ear). But when my sister stayed the weekend and left her gun sitting on the kitchen table, and we sat down to eat, he went out of his way to ask her to please put it somewhere else so he could sit at the table with the grown ups.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:20 PM   #18
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
I agree, that would be my worry. I know that its easier said than done, especially for a young person.hopefully that he realizes that he had no choice and realizes that his actions kept him and his sister alive. That boy is a true hero in my book, +1 for the good guys. I could care less about the condition of the dirtbag
Too paraphrase a member here...Deader the Better.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:26 PM   #19
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
My son is almost 13. I leave my carry gun laying on the dresser or the kitchen table on a regular basis. He will sometimes ask, "Dad, can I look at it?" I always let him. He always checks and unloads it. He stays in the room with me while checking it out. If he is ever home alone when someone trys to break in, it will be a bad day to be a home invader. He could definately hold his own with my AR.

The youngest (12) first time up with the 1911...
and his worry wart mother said it was too much for him
Results highlighted (circled in red)...

Old 10-15-2011, 09:32 PM   #20

Holy cow man, 7 for 7. I like the training on that trigger finger, and his form and flinch improved quite a bit when he was shooting the .357 mag.

Good job. Mine's still too small for anything bigger than a .22, but I swear his Mama been giving him miracle grow in his food, so we'll be moving up in caliber/power sometime in the next couple years.

Was this before or after he shot the .357? I'm guessing before.