Which style IWB holster?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Which style IWB holster?

View Poll Results: What holster type?
Galco King Tuck style 1 50.00%
Single clip kydex, no backing 0 0%
Single clip kydex with backing 0 0%
Single clip leather, no backing 0 0%
Single clip leather with backing 1 50.00%
Nylon single clip 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2014, 04:41 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 316 Times on 188 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Default Which style IWB holster?

Looking for my first IWB holster for my Shield. Don't even have permit yet but am taking class soon. Looking at my options and I'm conflicted.

At first I thought something like a Galco King Tuck. Then I start seeing single clip in both kydex and leather. Some have backings and some don't. Which style should I go with?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-17-2014, 05:21 AM   #2

Liked 169 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 16

What feels good for you?

I use two different ones right now, both from High Noon Holsters;

The High Noon Down Under with straps, with my CZ SP-01 Phantom, and let introduce you to the other half of a good holster system - the belt. That's a High Noon Rock Steady gun belt, and believe you me, that makes a HUGE difference!

The High Noon Double Jeopardy IWB rig, probably the most adjustable rig I have ever used. This one is my wife's shown with her CZ 2075 RAMI BD.

Mine, with one clip set for tuckable, (right), and the other for straight IWB, (left), seven adjustment holes on one side, 6 on the other. This pic was taken the day I got it - it's set up tuckable on both sides. Pistol is CZ P-01.

You asked about single clips - this is the only one I ever tried that worked at all.

Beretta PX4 Storm in a High Noon Down Under IWB. Look at how wide the clip it. Most cheap single clip rigs are far narrower, and...

It's a "C" clip, far superior in both keeping it from rocking and from coming out with the gun. Works well on a real gun belt.

I hope that helped?

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/

Old 06-17-2014, 05:56 AM   #3

Liked 21 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks View Post
Looking for my first IWB holster for my Shield. Don't even have permit yet but am taking class soon. Looking at my options and I'm conflicted.

At first I thought something like a Galco King Tuck. Then I start seeing single clip in both kydex and leather. Some have backings and some don't. Which style should I go with?

I used a kydex IWB holster (from a company called "Equipping the Workers") for my G27 before I sold it. Used a nylon holster (...uncle Mikes) on my CZ82, before I wanted to explore it. I've ordered a leather/kydex hybrid holster for my S&W semi-auto. I'm comfortable with carrying a fully loaded gun in a kydex holster, but not a nylon. I don't have any quarrels with using a nylon holster with a gun that has a safety, (with the safety on). But for a beginner, I'd say a kydex holster is a good start. It worked well for me.

Last edited by ICleanBrassWithJager; 06-17-2014 at 05:58 AM.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:59 AM   #4

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I've tried plenty of them. The single clip design just isn't comfortable for me at all. I am sticking with Crossbreed for all my IWB needs. I haven't found anything as comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 06-17-2014, 07:03 AM   #5

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule659 View Post
I've tried plenty of them. The single clip design just isn't comfortable for me at all. I am sticking with Crossbreed for all my IWB needs. I haven't found anything as comfortable.

This is my G26 in a holster from Jason Winnie. Quality product, just not very comfortable for me personally.

Apparently my phone doesn't want to upload pics right now.

Last edited by Mule659; 06-17-2014 at 07:13 AM.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:25 AM   #6

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Check out N82 tactical pro. Best holster I've ever had. Been carrying for 20 years.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:06 AM   #7

Liked 287 Times on 193 Posts

I use a hybrid style from everyday holsters. It's very comfortable and concealable. I recommend this style for anyone carrying for an extended length of time

1403053111150.jpg

Sometimes i use a single clip nylon holster when i know it will be removed and put in the car or on and off throughout my travels
1403053447944.jpg

Last edited by nosaj; 06-18-2014 at 10:53 AM.

Old 06-18-2014, 04:10 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1497 Times on 1014 Posts
Likes Given: 521

Most people that carry a concealed pistol have a box of holsters. What is very comfortable for me might be torture for you. There is nothing you can do to avoid buying a box of holsters other than not carry a gun. I have noticed a lot of people with expensive holsters for guns I would just pocket carry.

You can't see it but I have a G19 in my pocket. I just finished cutting grass when I took the photo. If a gun is going to print it will print when your clothes are soaked with sweat.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Last edited by John_Deer; 06-18-2014 at 04:33 PM.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:41 PM   #9

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

I personally like these
https://aliengearholsters.com/

Old 06-19-2014, 04:40 PM   #10

Liked 216 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 17

None of the above.

Comp-tac full leather backed premium iwb