Stupid things people say - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Stupid things people say

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 03:20 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malan35 View Post

Haha. Is it loaded has to be one of my favorites.
Haha what is this california??? Lmao

Old 09-05-2013, 06:23 AM   #22

Liked 346 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Not one that happened to me, but one of the guys I used to farm with.

Someone pulled up in what was apparently a beautiful 19somethings thunder bird with engine troubles, (he used to be a mechanic). He did the normal question asking thing, then got to the "have you checked the oil lately?" The girls reply was "I check it all the time, but it never comes up to the 'fill line' so I never add any more". Needless to say, the engine was toast.

Old 09-05-2013, 08:25 AM   #23
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2892 Times on 1668 Posts
Likes Given: 1239

To the "Is it loaded" question, my pat answer:

"Yes. With blanks. It had a vasectomy back in '05"

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

People Like This 
Old 09-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #24

Liked 383 Times on 250 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManMontgomery View Post
"Have you shot anyone?"
Was asked that one pretty much every day when I got back from Vietnam. Turned around and walked away then, still do. I wouldn't say EDC is boring, (That kind of excitement I can do without), but it is a PITA. You have to dress accordingly, be conscience of printing/exposing your weapon. It's always poking/jabbing, trying to pull your pants down, especially if you carry IWB. That said, considering the violent unarmed alternative, I'll put up with the inconvenience.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #25
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3176 Times on 2157 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38

Im with you on most of this, the only thing, I wont hold someone elses CCW Piece even if they offer it. Never know just where that thing will show up and it wont be with my Chop Prints on it.

About talking- Bragging about CCWing in public and talking about it at a family picnic are diff animals. The OP is proud to have his permit and should be, friends and family are perfectly ok to inform, strangers- not so much unless your informing them by pointing it at their gourd because they threaten you or your loved ones, thats the PERFECT time to let them know your a 2A supporter and it will get their full attention!
Yeah I don't really talk about it much either honestly. My friends know,..because they also shoot & carry. My wife & I have a lot of older friends who are just starting to see the light, so to speak...so they know I served, and ask questions. One Gal is a 2x cancer survivor, and another is a stroke victim....

As for handling others arms,..only at the range or if I have some friends over and we are all "cleaning"...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 09-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #26

Liked 2180 Times on 1471 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malan35 View Post
Some people have little common sense. So I am at a BBQ for Labor Day and a friend of my dads was talking about carrying concealed because I was saying how I just got my permit last week. And he replies with "I carried for years and then decided to stop because it was boring. Nothing ever happened." I'm like I don't expect anything to happen. Your lucky if nothing "ever happens". Sorry for the rant. What stupid things have you guys heard from permit holders?
I carry a Glock--What you got?

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 09-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #27
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3176 Times on 2157 Posts
Likes Given: 689

heh heh.....

My only "friends" who carry Glocks are because they are on the Job and Issued by their Dept. Locally. The next town over issues Glock .40's,..But my town only has 8 LEO's(plus two retired who are Aux's..) and they purchase what they want, The Chief carries a 1911,..and the 3rd town(up the Mtn. from me) also carries what they want. My Pal who is the HOA President here is a Sgt. up the hill,..and he ditched his Glock a few years ago for a Sig 226...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 09-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #28

Liked 495 Times on 339 Posts

I didn't draw the red line the world drew the red line

Old 09-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #29

Liked 1096 Times on 656 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

I carry a Glock--What you got?
That hurts Hoss!!. I carry a G35, what do you have?