Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Stupid things people say

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 03:27 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malan35 View Post
I was saying how I just got my permit last week?
I agree that his reasoning is flawed....but concealed carry is your business, nobody elses. Nobody needs to know....why tell anyone?

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:29 AM   #12
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2986 Times on 2032 Posts
Likes Given: 632

Default before I retired for the second time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManMontgomery View Post
The dumb thing that always leaves me awestruck - or gobsmacked if preferred - is "Is it loaded?" Second in goofiness and first in tackiness is "Have you shot anyone?" ('Not lately' is my typical answer.)

No, I do not routinely announce to all and sundry I carry, but since I was a lawman for a number of years, it isn't all that odd to assume - at least that I did when I was working. And sometimes the subject comes up with the question of Second Amendment rights.

To Malan35; yes, that is pretty stupid reasoning. Shows only a superficial level of analysis.
When I was still working as a Dean(asst.) at my High school I had a grand total of 3 pictures on my desk: One of my wife, One of me in a Dress Uniform, and one of me in front of my Aircraft(at the time, an MH-60). Being a Spec. Ed. High School, My kids were an Issue unto itself. I used to get the Standard Questions...."Yo Missa C,..You was In the Airforce??(No,..Army Aviation) "How Many People you Snuff??(Evidently not enough). then I would get the "Did you capture Saddam?"(no that was the last war") or "How Many Gat's You carry?"
("enough about me,..get to class!!")

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

People Like This 
Old 09-03-2013, 03:31 AM   #13
fev

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Made me laugh, reminds when my X-wife shows up with her vehicle and it sounds like the motor got rocks in it. Asked her when the last time she's checked the oil or changed it, her reply is why? the engine light hasn't come on. Turn my back and chuckle. Sad thing is if she buys the oil & filter I will change it.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:34 AM   #14

Liked 13 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fev
Made me laugh, reminds when my X-wife shows up with her vehicle and it sounds like the motor got rocks in it. Asked her when the last time she's checked the oil or changed it, her reply is why? the engine light hasn't come on. Turn my back and chuckle. Sad thing is if she buys the oil & filter I will change it.
I guess those type of people wait for something to happen before they take action rather than being proactive about things.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:03 AM   #15
Table of Warriors prospect
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6573 Times on 3593 Posts
Likes Given: 12878

Congratulations on getting your license

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 09-03-2013, 05:06 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3725 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malan35
Some people have little common sense. So I am at a BBQ for Labor Day and a friend of my dads was talking about carrying concealed because I was saying how I just got my permit last week. And he replies with "I carried for years and then decided to stop because it was boring. Nothing ever happened." I'm like I don't expect anything to happen. Your lucky if nothing "ever happens". Sorry for the rant. What stupid things have you guys heard from permit holders?
"Nothing ever happened."

What does he want to happen? I pray I never have to use a weapon in defense....

Always have clean socks.

Last edited by JW357; 09-03-2013 at 05:09 AM.
jeffkaiser1989 Likes This 
Old 09-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #17
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2986 Times on 2032 Posts
Likes Given: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManMontgomery
The dumb thing that always leaves me awestruck - or gobsmacked if preferred - is "Is it loaded?" Second in goofiness and first in tackiness is "Have you shot anyone?" ('Not lately' is my typical answer.)

No, I do not routinely announce to all and sundry I carry, but since I was a lawman for a number of years, it isn't all that odd to assume - at least that I did when I was working. And sometimes the subject comes up with the question of Second Amendment rights.

To Malan35; yes, that is pretty stupid reasoning. Shows only a superficial level of analysis.
Right. I always say" not in he current decade" when asked that,..and when I get the is it loaded question " now that would be real dumb to carry an empty gun! Then proceed to swiftly unload and clear it so I can offer to hand it to them! I knew I had a keeper the first time my now wife took the empty gun out of my hand and reloaded it for me almost as fast as I cleared it!

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 09-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #18
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5876 Times on 2906 Posts
Likes Given: 6231

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Right. I always say" not in he current decade" when asked that,..and when I get the is it loaded question " now that would be real dumb to carry an empty gun! Then proceed to swiftly unload and clear it so I can offer to hand it to them! I knew I had a keeper the first time my now wife took the empty gun out of my hand and reloaded it for me almost as fast as I cleared it!
Im with you on most of this, the only thing, I wont hold someone elses CCW Piece even if they offer it. Never know just where that thing will show up and it wont be with my Chop Prints on it.

About talking- Bragging about CCWing in public and talking about it at a family picnic are diff animals. The OP is proud to have his permit and should be, friends and family are perfectly ok to inform, strangers- not so much unless your informing them by pointing it at their gourd because they threaten you or your loved ones, thats the PERFECT time to let them know your a 2A supporter and it will get their full attention!
Old 09-04-2013, 11:48 PM   #19

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malan35 View Post
Haha. Is it loaded has to be one of my favorites.
Yeah it is pretty funny alright.

Old 09-05-2013, 03:19 AM   #20

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

" why do you feel you have to carry a gun? " ........ Just shut up... are the first words that come to mind... lol