Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Stupid things people say (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/stupid-things-people-say-96453/)

Malan35 09-02-2013 09:23 PM

Some people have little common sense. So I am at a BBQ for Labor Day and a friend of my dads was talking about carrying concealed because I was saying how I just got my permit last week. And he replies with "I carried for years and then decided to stop because it was boring. Nothing ever happened." I'm like I don't expect anything to happen. Your lucky if nothing "ever happens". Sorry for the rant. What stupid things have you guys heard from permit holders?

c3shooter 09-02-2013 09:26 PM

That is going to hard to top.

Sort of like saying "Yeah, my wife quit taking birth control pills. We been married 10 years, and she never got pregnant."

However, it is important that you recognize someone that is THAT mush headed so that you can stay away from them.

MisterMcCool 09-02-2013 09:39 PM

I have been paying for life insurance for years and haven't needed it yet.

robocop10mm 09-02-2013 09:50 PM

Some people should have "MORON" tattoo's on their forehead

Malan35 09-02-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm
Some people should have "MORON" tattoo's on their forehead

Amen. That's like the bill Engvall "here's your sign" joke

gr8oldguy 09-02-2013 11:50 PM

I agree it wasn't a very appropriate comment, but, then again, why would you be telling people you just got your conceal carry license? Concealed means concealed in all sense of the word. good luck

OldManMontgomery 09-03-2013 12:00 AM

Questions

The dumb thing that always leaves me awestruck - or gobsmacked if preferred - is "Is it loaded?" Second in goofiness and first in tackiness is "Have you shot anyone?" ('Not lately' is my typical answer.)

No, I do not routinely announce to all and sundry I carry, but since I was a lawman for a number of years, it isn't all that odd to assume - at least that I did when I was working. And sometimes the subject comes up with the question of Second Amendment rights.

To Malan35; yes, that is pretty stupid reasoning. Shows only a superficial level of analysis.

c3shooter 09-03-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

"Have you shot anyone?"

"You mean TODAY?"

:p

Malan35 09-03-2013 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gr8oldguy
I agree it wasn't a very appropriate comment, but, then again, why would you be telling people you just got your conceal carry license? Concealed means concealed in all sense of the word. good luck

I am not telling "people", but a close group of friends at a family BBQ. I have told very few people not interested in everyone knowing my personal business lol.

Malan35 09-03-2013 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldManMontgomery
The dumb thing that always leaves me awestruck - or gobsmacked if preferred - is "Is it loaded?" Second in goofiness and first in tackiness is "Have you shot anyone?" ('Not lately' is my typical answer.)

No, I do not routinely announce to all and sundry I carry, but since I was a lawman for a number of years, it isn't all that odd to assume - at least that I did when I was working. And sometimes the subject comes up with the question of Second Amendment rights.

To Malan35; yes, that is pretty stupid reasoning. Shows only a superficial level of analysis.

Haha. Is it loaded has to be one of my favorites.