Stuck on what pocket pistol to choose.
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Stuck on what pocket pistol to choose.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2014, 06:52 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 743 Times on 422 Posts

Default Stuck on what pocket pistol to choose.

I need some help guys. I'm trying to decide which pocket carry gun to get. I'm deciding between 5 and I'm stuck.To begin with I do not have and cannot get a CCL.To make a long story short I got into an altercation at a bar 18 years ago where a big guy wanted to pick on the little guy....little guy is me. I won the fight he didn't. I got charged with assault inflicting injury because I broke his nose and knocked him out. He took an ambulance ride and had no insurance. So I get charged. Any way back to the Pocket Carry. I own and operate a farmers market where I have large sums of money. I also work at a bar and leave late at night with large sums of money. I open carry but not at work. The only time I will conceal the gun is at market or to the car after work. I have studied and held most of these guns but I'm stuck. My list is below.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-16-2014, 06:59 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Khar p380
Ruger Lcp
S&W Body Guard
S&W Shield
Glock 42.
The first 3 will fit comfortably in my pocket I'm leaning towards the Khar because it is the smallest. I like the Shield and would get it in .40 but it is a little big. I like the safety. I love Glocks I'm a Glock guy but the 42 is the same exact size as the Shield but in .380 I am on a waiting list for the Glock.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:00 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 807 Times on 539 Posts
Likes Given: 51

What state are you in? I am guessing since you open carry you are not a felon then because of that altercation? Why would that charge prevent youfrom getting a Concealed carry license if it wasn't a felony?

Old 01-16-2014, 07:01 PM   #4

Liked 2445 Times on 1432 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Don't see a list (EDIT : I see the list now) and don't see how it would be legal to CC without the permit if you can't legally get a permit. If your state allows open carry, that is the way I would go if you can legally obtain a handgun in the state, given the same legal background checks. Then you aren't limited to pocket carry and your choices get even more vast and confusing.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:07 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1389902711.826976.jpg this is a rough sketch of pistols I had in mind. The G22 is on top as reference to size for me. It is hight,length and width.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:12 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancslaughter View Post
What state are you in? I am guessing since you open carry you are not a felon then because of that altercation? Why would that charge prevent youfrom getting a Concealed carry license if it wasn't a felony?
N.C. It's not a felony. You cannot get a CCL here if you have any assault charge. I got charged because I had to pay his medical. If he didn't take the trip or got admitted to the hospital I would have been ok. But oh we'll. what's done is done. And it was a long time ago.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:17 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 807 Times on 539 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopowerbmx View Post
N.C. It's not a felony. You cannot get a CCL here if you have any assault charge. I got charged because I had to pay his medical. If he didn't take the trip or got admitted to the hospital I would have been ok. But oh we'll. what's done is done. And it was a long time ago.
That is ridiculousness it was almost 20 years ago! Well like the other poster said I would not even pocket carry to and from the car or at the market because if you do end up using it or you are caught with it concealed then your up **** creek sans paddle. I would ask who you work for if they could secure your firearm while you are on shift and then just open carry when you get off and OC at the market too. Its legal so I would do that.
phildenton Likes This 
Old 01-16-2014, 07:18 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Mr Doc. I know that I cannot CC and it will be illegal and I also know I'm going to get a lot of negatives about my decision. I'm ok with that. Like I said its going to be at my market and to the car. I cannot open carry at either place due to costumer interaction. It will not be on me at the bar but after work to my car it will. The fact that I carry a lot of cash makes me want to pocket carry for short amounts of time.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:21 PM   #9

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Here is the deal. We all know that any gun has a high rate of returns, around 40% industry wide. Pocket pistols have the highest rate of return of any gun in any manufacturers line up. That means that any gun recommended by anyone has over a 50% chance of not running.

My advice would be to find a used pocket pistol of a caliber large enough to suit you. It doesn't matter what brand the gun might be, I have already stated it's a 50/50 chance the gun won't be reliable. If you are a tinkerer it's good chance you can fix the gun. Most pocket pistols just need to be polished a bit and shot a whole lot. That is my two cents...

Old 01-16-2014, 08:01 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Just got off the phone with the sheriff and he confirmed my question. Looks like no CCL. So now I'm thinking no pocket but low profile. The Shield or the G27 is my next purchase then. At least at market I can wear it. Bummer.Thanks guys. I knew about what answers I would get. I just didn't want to accept them.