Storing pistol in a hollowed out book - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Storing pistol in a hollowed out book

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2011, 01:12 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

That is where the "Craigs List" killer kept his Glock. The cops found it. Nothing like a good book by your bed.

DK

Old 02-22-2011, 09:13 PM   #42

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiahjw View Post
They would be in a hurry, and I don't think they would suspect a Calculus book to be hiding a gun. ;-)
Pro burglars know all the tricks, fake books, fake wall outlets, fake cans of shaving cream, etc. This "might" be safe from the avg crackhead or wayward youth but a good burglar will find it. My other concern is, do you have kids? If so you really do not want to even accidentally leave a gun where they might find it.

2010: "Of course I'll waive my rights. I don't want to miss my connecting flight."

Old 02-22-2011, 09:17 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by camiller View Post
My other concern is, do you have kids? If so you really do not want to even accidentally leave a gun where they might find it.
If he has a kid who would read a calculus book for fun, he has more important issues to deal with.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:08 PM   #44

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
If he has a kid who would read a calculus book for fun, he has more important issues to deal with.
Yes, but if he has a kid that might accidentally knock a book off the nightstand trying to reach the <ohh shiny thing> ...

2010: "Of course I'll waive my rights. I don't want to miss my connecting flight."

Old 02-23-2011, 02:18 PM   #45

I have seen people do this or talk about doing this for a long time, but their number one mistake is placement and relativity. Not saying hollowing out a Calculus book is a bad idea, but if you are not a math wiz or teacher it sticks out like a sore thumb sitting by your bed or tucked stuck in a bookcase full of gun reference books. Get the drift. Who reads a calculus book in bed and why would you have a calculus book if you read a ton of unrelated books? Just a suggestion if you are going to hollow a book make sure it fits in your home. sacrifice a book to you liking.

wisdom comes with time and time is never ending