Store Clerk Defends Himself... No shots Fired - Page 5

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Store Clerk Defends Himself... No shots Fired

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 09:34 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1142 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 677

Good on the clerk for carrying a firearm. Now to the debate if he should of or would have done it this way or that way. First off he had training! He reached to control the threat of the perps gun with an open hand and immediately put his hand on his pistol and pulled it out.. at this point he would of been completely justified in his finger work, however be it hesitation or feelings, maybe just experience, he chose not to and appears to talk to the guy. When the guy backs off without showing any hostile intent the clerk can breath again... would you or I have done it different? Yes, no maybe..... but it was him not us. We just get to sit here in our cozy homes and watch and tell him what he should of done.... he's still breathing right now and I think that points to the fact that what he did in his situation WORKED for him at that time.

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:09 AM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1965 Times on 1161 Posts
Likes Given: 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by 304inc View Post
I really enjoy reading cavalier post on how the clerk should've just shot the BG no matter what. The clerks gun was in his face, the bad guys gun was down, at that point there was no real danger, now had the bad guy even attempted to raise his weapon again then ,,yes I agree neutralize the threat. I think in this situation cooler heads prevail and a bad guy even though a bad guy didn't have to die on that day.
Boy do you need some reality therapy!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 09-18-2013, 03:23 AM   #43

Liked 79 Times on 55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post

Boy do you need some reality therapy!!!
Explain boy.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:33 AM   #44

You argue the clerk should've just blown his head right off huh? It would have been completely justified, and walked. Sure, but I think he did exactly what he needed to do at the time to stay alive and not kill this man, we couldn't see the look in his eyes or the shaking in his voice. Sometimes you know when a dudes barking and when he's gonna bite. Not always but the eyes don't lie. Btw I hope you get your chance to kill you up a BG shooter...... clearly joking but you can see how its not funny right?

Old 09-18-2013, 04:25 AM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by 304inc
You argue the clerk should've just blown his head right off huh? It would have been completely justified, and walked. Sure, but I think he did exactly what he needed to do at the time to stay alive and not kill this man, we couldn't see the look in his eyes or the shaking in his voice. Sometimes you know when a dudes barking and when he's gonna bite. Not always but the eyes don't lie. Btw I hope you get your chance to kill you up a BG shooter...... clearly joking but you can see how its not funny right?
Careful. You might wind up with a lecture about his years of LE experience.

Always have clean socks.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #46
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3161 Times on 2147 Posts
Likes Given: 689

If you agree or disagree with what Jim said,..he's def. right about one thing. Not enough guys(and girls) learn from their mistakes, and are lucky if they get past the next incident. At least practice proper stance, reloads(esp. if you carry a revolver or single stack compact Auto. Rotate the ammo our of your EDC gun & mags. CLEAN your guns!!!(remember Delta's thread about stuff stuck in shotguns!??) Some days I don't walk too well, but i can still "hang with the kiddies" if I have to...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 09-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Explain boy.
First thank you for calling me 'boy'! At my age I really do enjoy it.

ANY TIME A CRIMINAL HAS A GUN IN HIS HAND HE IS A 'REAL THREAT'!
Can you say COMMON SENSE!

This clerk was obviously an 'untrained' person or he would not have hesitated to fire when he had that short period of tactical advantage.
If you have 'good' training and some experience in dealing with armed people who present a threat to you and yours you WILL NOT hesitate to use this brief period of your tactical advantage to neutralize the threat.
He made a decision and LUCKILY IT TURNED OUT OK!
BUT it was the wrong decision from a tactical and legal standpoint!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!

Old 09-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post

First thank you for calling me 'boy'! At my age I really do enjoy it.

ANY TIME A CRIMINAL HAS A GUN IN HIS HAND HE IS A 'REAL THREAT'!
Can you say COMMON SENSE!

This clerk was obviously an 'untrained' person or he would not have hesitated to fire when he had that short period of tactical advantage.
If you have 'good' training and some experience in dealing with armed people who present a threat to you and yours you WILL NOT hesitate to use this brief period of your tactical advantage to neutralize the threat.
He made a decision and LUCKILY IT TURNED OUT OK!
BUT it was the wrong decision from a tactical and legal standpoint!
First, that was supposed to be boy explain,, played off your post. No offense just bad typing.
As for the clerk I think we'll have to just disagree,, I think he did just fine, just because you CAN kill some bg legally doesn't always mean you HAVE TO. I read in another thread "not to commit to ALWAYS OR NEVER,, kind of thought, each situation is different. "
Sounds like good advice.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:24 AM   #49

Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimogden1984
Not sure but seems like i read somewhere the clerk said he didn't see the bg's gun till after when he watched the video, said if he had the bg wouldn't have walked out
This could explain everything about the clerks decision not to fire. And, it would certainly push him more towards the "trained" category if its indeed fact.

Still, he shoved his weapon in that guy's face so he had to know something was up. Something to the tune of "I am a bad guy and I intend to rob you with a gun."

Maybe he did not see a gun but thought it best to show him the door...

Old 09-19-2013, 02:17 AM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
First, that was supposed to be boy explain,, played off your post. No offense just bad typing.
As for the clerk I think we'll have to just disagree,, I think he did just fine, just because you CAN kill some bg legally doesn't always mean you HAVE TO. I read in another thread "not to commit to ALWAYS OR NEVER,, kind of thought, each situation is different. "
Sounds like good advice.
I don't disagree with anything you said. I was simply pointing out that this is a good source of learning. The criminal 'should' have been neutralized the split second the victim had the chance to do so. HE DID NOT! In this specific case he lived to tell about it, BUT had the criminal raised his left hand and fended away the victims gun and fired on the victim the outcome would be totally different. And I have seen the criminals take back the tactical advantage as fast as they have lost it. The fact that the victim 'handed' his gun to the criminal shows without a doubt he was untrained.
My advice as a LEO with 30+ years experience and an armed self defense instructors to all of you is if you find yourself in a similar situation DO NOT do as this victim did. When you have the tactical advantage over an ARMED criminal at close quarters DO NOT HESITATE TO FIRE you may not be as LUCKY as this victim was!!!
Nuff said!

Last edited by JimRau; 09-19-2013 at 02:19 AM.