State to State Laws - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > State to State Laws

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2007, 05:15 AM   #11

go to this link http://www.ccrkba.org/reciprocity.html

it gives you all the states and their reciprocity. Also, you can apply for a non-resident permit for many states and it isnt difficult, and if you get Utah Florida and Arizona you pretty much have most of the US, different states honor different permits, I have WA, MA, RI, CT, NH, FL, and AZ, Vermont doesnt require a permit.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:20 AM   #12

Not too sure about Mexico, but I know carrying firearms across the border is not permitted, and personally, I wouldnt travel to Mexico if you paid me so you would have to contact their immigration and talk to them. Canada is a little weird, they dont permit firearms, but you can still bring them, you just cant carry them. In Canada firearms fall under restricted and prohibited. There are exceptions made for long rifles for people crossing the border for hunting, but there are rules and restrictions you must abide by. Pistols and handguns all fall under prohibited and restricted, but you can receive a temporary permit to bring the weapon into the country, and then apply for a permit to own, the thing in Canada, is even with a permit to own, you are not allowed to carry at all. Canada does not have a concealed carry license, and the only way for someone to have a weapon on their person or in their vehicle is to 1 be an LEO, or two, be a member of a shooting club on your way to a shooting event, or 3 be a collector with a license on your way to or from a show or a location of purchase. obtaining ammo and firearms in Canada is like finding a virgin whore, nearly impossible. Canadian Customs and Immigration should be contacted before you attempt to transport a prohibited or restricted firearm into the country. I can get you a link if you need it, have it from when I did it, but i would have to dig it up.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:22 AM   #13

stay away from packing.org, i used to fequent that site but there is too much BS going on with the guys who run that site, a better site with more accurate and updated info is http://www.ccrkba.org

Old 05-05-2007, 04:44 AM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Want state to state laws go to http://www.packing.org/state/ for complete up to date info.

Old 05-07-2007, 02:19 AM   #15

Even http://www.ccrkba.org needs to be updated. August 15, 2006??? At least http://handgunlaw.us/ has my state (Nebraska) listed as a "shall issue" instead of "right denied" state.

You might want to contact the Attorney General of the states you plan to visit to see about reciprocity and more importantly since it varies from state to state, what places are prohibited and whether you need to inform LEOs if you're carrying and get pulled over. Nebraska law says I have to inform but not all states require that but I know I'd inform a LEO anyway. Just a courtesy.

I took a trip to Montana, South Dakota, Utah, and Idaho and all the AGs responded to my emails and were quite helpful and really put my mind at ease about breaking any unknown law or rules and regulations.

Fireman

Old 06-12-2007, 06:49 PM   #16

I vote for www.packing.org as being by far the best site to check state laws!
GLOCK 19 G19 NS 3RD GEN
:)

Old 07-01-2007, 03:49 AM   #17

Default canada and mexico and reciprocity from texas

someone asked about mexico, i dont go south, so not too sure, i hear its in your better interests not to even try. canada is a little funny, but you can get permits to carry, they are hard, and you have to be in a shooting club or a collector and even then they are not concealed carry permits they are only transport permits, in a lock box to the range for the sporting event. you can get temporary permits to have the weapon at your place of residence if you are visiting, but thats about it. as for packing.org, used to use that site quite a bit, a lot of useful info, but they dont update anymore like they used to and there was apparently some sort of falling out between a bunch of the guys that ran it so now its kind of a mess, for up to date info on reciprocity, etc, you can also check www.ccrkba.org/reciprocity.html

Old 07-01-2007, 03:52 AM   #18

Default Reciprocity with Texas

By the way, dont carry anywhere other then AL, AK, AZ, AR, CO, DE, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, MS, MO, MT, NM, NC, ND, PA, SD, TN. UT, VT, VA, and WY, with your Texas Permit, plan your trips accordingly. Those are the only states that accept a Texas permit to carry, also, if Texas is your state of residence, and the permit is a resident permit, then you can also carry in FL, MI, and SC. Like I said, plan your trips accordingly, you have a wide variety to choose from