Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Starbucks Boycott

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 982 Times on 700 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Default Starbucks Boycott

Sacramento Valley Shooting Center
Anti-gun groups are attempting to organize a boycott of Starbucks on February 14 of this year. You may or may not know that Starbucks refused to bend to anti-gun hysteria and turn their stores into victim disarmament zones by prohibiting the carrying of defensive arms by law abiding folk.

We as gun owners and armed citizens need to step forward and support business that support us. Please stop by your local Starbucks and pick up a coffee or pastry on Valentines Day. Save your receipt, an effort is being put together to show how our efforts overcame the opposition. Together we can show our resolve, it's an easy way to show how much we value our rights and our sport.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-25-2012, 12:30 PM   #2

Liked 162 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Starbucks has been on the banned list in my house for a while now. They do not support our Armed Forces or our 2nd Amendment rights.

Do not question my 2nd Amendment Right to own a gun, I won't question your stupidity not to.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1067 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 605

Quote:
Originally Posted by levelcross View Post
Starbucks has been on the banned list in my house for a while now. They do not support our Armed Forces or our 2nd Amendment rights.

Do not question my 2nd Amendment Right to own a gun, I won't question your stupidity not to.
perhaps this will clear up your confusion.

they DO support our troops. and 2nd ammendment

http://news.starbucks.com/about+starbucks/myths+facts/militarydonations.htm
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #4

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

That's the while point of the anti gunners boycott. I addressed this myself in the other thread on this subject. I had to retract my statement regarding the same after I did a double check.

Apparently at one point, some starbucks did ban carry in their stores, but it is not a corporate policy.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:05 PM   #5

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

I boycott starbucks 'cause their coffee is horrible! When I was working, I drank a lot of coffee all over east Texas. I realize a place can have bad days & good days, so I gave them two chances at two different starbucks.

I found better coffee at mcdonalds & a few two-bit convenience stores. Of course, I guess if you doctor it up with all that sugar & other flavors they offer, can't tell it.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

As I said in the other thread, this isn't so much an issue of what you think about Starbucks as it is blocking an attempt by the rabid anti-gunners to push their agenda on business owners. In this case, it's this stupid anti-gun group that trying to trample our 2nd amendment rights, not Starbucks

Old 01-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #7

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

If we can come up with a plan to get ALL of the anti-gun grabbers together,we can have a convention on my 40 acres. You can dig a big damn hole on 40 acres.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 01-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #8

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

It would be kinda fun for all gun lovers to get together & turn Valentine's day into one of the best days that starbucks has ever had!

Old 01-26-2012, 05:47 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollygee View Post
It would be kinda fun for all gun lovers to get together & turn Valentine's day into one of the best days that starbucks has ever had!
That Would be pretty cool!.... I'd take part in that!

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards.
-Theodore Roosevelt

Old 01-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #10

Liked 41 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 19

I don't know much about the issue of Starbucks and gun rights but I can get a senior coffee at McDonalds for 63 cents, and it is good coffee. Nothing personal, but I think this is better than paying a couple of bucks for the same thing at Starbucks. I have been fighting the battle for gun rights since the 1960s and will continue to do so.