Springfield XDM compact 9mm or Glock 19 9mm
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Springfield XDM compact 9mm or Glock 19 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2014, 03:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Springfield XDM compact 9mm or Glock 19 9mm

I am looking to buy a new handgun and am looking at the Springfield XDM compact 9mm or Glock 19. I am planning on carrying whatever I buy as my primary ccw. I really like how the XDM looks and that it is like having 2 guns in one with the extended mag making it a full size grip plus all the stuff you get with it when you buy it. Has anyone owned or shot both of these guns and what do you think are some positives or negatives for each gun?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-19-2014, 03:27 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsj7158 View Post
I am looking to buy a new handgun and am looking at the Springfield XDM compact 9mm or Glock 19. I am planning on carrying whatever I buy as my primary ccw. I really like how the XDM looks and that it is like having 2 guns in one with the extended mag making it a full size grip plus all the stuff you get with it when you buy it. Has anyone owned or shot both of these guns and what do you think are some positives or negatives for each gun?
Welcome to FTF! stop over in the Introductions Section and say hello to everyone and let them meet you.

Old 01-19-2014, 11:13 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 897 Times on 546 Posts
Likes Given: 202

I love the XDM9c

Glock has their fans

Which feels better in your hands?

Old 01-19-2014, 11:43 AM   #4

Liked 95 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 138

Quote:
You should probably try each one, maybe rent at a range or something. The XDM has a single action trigger, lots of people prefer that over the Glock trigger.

Old 01-19-2014, 05:17 PM   #5

I only have 1 range that rents guns around here and am planning on going there and seeing if they have the xdm to rent. I'm pretty sure they have several glocks to rent there. My wife doesn't carry but enjoys shooting with me and I think she would like the extra grip length on the extended mag of the xdm which is another reason I am leaning towards the xdm. I have held both at my local gun store and like how both feel but I do like the feel of the xdm more. I know it really comes down to my personal preference but was just wondering if anyone has had any problems with either gun that I may need to know about before I get one. I don't think I can really go wrong with either one but was just kinda trying to get some other peoples opinions that may have some experience with the guns as I have not had or shot either gun. Thanks

Old 01-19-2014, 07:58 PM   #6

Liked 95 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 138

Quote:
I only have 1 range that rents guns around here and am planning on going there and seeing if they have the xdm to rent. I'm pretty sure they have several glocks to rent there. My wife doesn't carry but enjoys shooting with me and I think she would like the extra grip length on the extended mag of the xdm which is another reason I am leaning towards the xdm. I have held both at my local gun store and like how both feel but I do like the feel of the xdm more. I know it really comes down to my personal preference but was just wondering if anyone has had any problems with either gun that I may need to know about before I get one. I don't think I can really go wrong with either one but was just kinda trying to get some other peoples opinions that may have some experience with the guns as I have not had or shot either gun. Thanks
I can almost guaranty you will be more accurate with the single action trigger, but both are quality pistols
If your range don't have a Springfield to compare rent a 1911 or another single action so you can see the difference

Last edited by MaineMan; 01-19-2014 at 08:02 PM.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:42 PM   #7

Ok thanks, I will definitely try a 1911 if they don't have a xdm to shoot. Good idea!