Spotting a concealed handgun - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Spotting a concealed handgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 04:46 AM   #71
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyWalkerJr View Post
Response to "Yunus"

when I carry my Taurus605, I use a soft IWB holster at about
one 0' clock...very easy to sit down, enter and exit a vehicle etc. without getting poked with the barrel...its also not directly aimed at my "parts" but I don't worry about accidental discharge with her anyway
Guess you are one of the luck ones to be able to place your weapon at your 1 o'clock. I was never very comfortable with that position 20yrs ago now it is more of a dream then any kind of possiblity. HAHA

Old 01-02-2010, 04:59 AM   #72
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderFire View Post
Yes, it's very obvious that in states that allow OC, that CC restrictions are very loose. We that live in states that don't allow OC have to take special precautions that we show no signs of a concealed weapon.

But for some to post that when momentary unconcealment has no consequences, that's a naive thought on their part.

The only people who don't have to worry about weapons violations are the criminals and the juveniles who are becoming criminals. The only thing that will stop them is a stiff jail sentence. The rest of us who are trying to defend ourselves and stay out of trouble have all the problems obeying this stuff. For the ones that understand why complete concealment is necessary, with no momentary unconcealment, we need all the help we can get.
So what you are say is that you have never had a "momentary uncocnealment"? Must be nice to be perfect, yet us normal people know that accidents happen and do the best we mortals can to keep it from happening. Guess you forgot the human side. OH, did you remember Murphy? He seems be around even when everything is going good.

The only bad thing about a "stiff jail sentence" is that for most of them it is nothing more then a vacation. 3 squares a day, AC/Heating, free medical. Have seen to many go through the prison system and not give a s*** about why they are where they are.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:00 PM   #73

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

One of my "favorite" games in airports, malls, etc. is to play "spot the narc." If you know what to look for, it is really amazing what you will see. When I was in Vegas for the NFR this year, my friend, also a female LEO, and I were down on Fremont Street for the "Hoedown." We were able to spot several without too much problem. She and I have done this quite a few times and have even been able to spot a "target or two" now and then. CC persons don't have all of the mannerisms of LEO's, but there are "tells" that they are not aware of. As far as "accidental exposure" most LEO's (not all) are sensible enough to be able to determine the nature of the "exposure." They may have even had one or two themselves. I personally know of a LEO who used to carry in his boot. One night, after work, a bunch of us went to a local night club. He was out on the dance floor and somehow the revolver fell out onto the floor. It got kicked several times and made it almost all the way across the floor before he was able to retrieve it. It was funny watching him trying to get it. A couple of times it got kicked just as he was reaching for it. he was almost crawling across the floor to get it. But then again, this is the same SGT who was assaulted with a typewriter.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 01-05-2010, 02:31 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelenwolf View Post
So what you are say is that you have never had a "momentary uncocnealment"? Must be nice to be perfect, yet us normal people know that accidents happen and do the best we mortals can to keep it from happening. Guess you forgot the human side. OH, did you remember Murphy? He seems be around even when everything is going good.
That's right!! I take the proper precautions.
As far as the rest of your smartass comments- tell it to a judge.

Quote:

The only bad thing about a "stiff jail sentence" is that for most of them it is nothing more then a vacation. 3 squares a day, AC/Heating, free medical. Have seen to many go through the prison system and not give a s*** about why they are where they are.
Sounds like you'll enjoy yourself. Seem to know a lot about it.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:46 AM   #75

Phelenwolf,

Before you continue to post your lack of knowledge
on the consequences of momentary unconcealment- go here---> http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/court-upholds-police-pointing-gun-lawful-carrier-21746/ and read & understand all the replies.

Because this...

Quote:
is just plain lame. It has nothing to do with being perfect. It has all to do with gun safety, being a responsible concealed weapons permit holder, knowing & understanding the state laws of the state one lives in, etc.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:50 AM   #76

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 230

I was in Wal-Mart a couple of days ago and happen to see a tall slim guy carrying in the small of his back. Now why did I notice this? Well maybe it's because I have become attuned to observing things going on around me. Another thought is that maybe I'm also keeping an eye out for possible support from other ccw people in case problems arise. Conceil carry should bring one to a greater sense of awarness in consideration of carrying a lethal weapon. I do not make a practice of purposefully looking for others carrying conceiled but I certainly would like to know who could be friend or enemy.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderFire View Post
Phelenwolf,

Before you continue to post your lack of knowledge
on the consequences of momentary unconcealment- go here---> http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/court-upholds-police-pointing-gun-lawful-carrier-21746/ and read & understand all the replies.

Because this...
is just plain lame. It has nothing to do with being perfect. It has all to do with gun safety, being a responsible concealed weapons permit holder, knowing & understanding the state laws of the state one lives in, etc.
May I ask which state you live in? Knowing will, IMO, help everyone to understand your perspective. Law on carry vary so widely from state to state, and municipality to municipality in some states.

I only know from my experiences in a fairly large city that most people don't pay any attention. I openly carry on a daily basis (even now in all this cold) and never had anyone freak or call in a MWAG. I have met some nice people that were curious about carry.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:25 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock30Owner View Post
May I ask which state you live in? Knowing will, IMO, help everyone to understand your perspective. Law on carry vary so widely from state to state, and municipality to municipality in some states.

I only know from my experiences in a fairly large city that most people don't pay any attention. I openly carry on a daily basis (even now in all this cold) and never had anyone freak or call in a MWAG. I have met some nice people that were curious about carry.
Does it really matter?
My whole point is that there's consequences for momentary unconcealment.
If you read back through the posted threads you'll see that some understand where I'm coming from & others don't have a clue. To post that there isn't really any kind of consequences if your concealed firearm becomes visual is a naive statement/thought.
The ones that carry in OC states don't have a clue of what the ones that carry in CC states have to go through to keep total concealment. Lucky for y'all that the CC laws are blanketed by the state's OC laws.
Are you willing to tell me that every state's laws are written so clearly that there's a full understanding of them by everyone (all walks of life) including law enforcement?
Sure a greater of the population has no clue of what's going on around them, but it only takes one to cause an issue. Read other topics in this forum it supports my statement.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:43 AM   #79

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

This past week I inadvertently witnessed a poor CCW. In line at Wal-Mart, the guido in front of me was wearing a skin tight shirt (to show off what he thought was muscles?) and I could clearly see the outline of a handgun grip. It was so obvious and clear, I believe the grip belonged to a Glock.
I was tempted to give his gun a little slap when he wasn't looking

Old 11-28-2010, 10:23 PM   #80

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Rock View Post
I believe the more you carry, the harder it will become for others to spot you as a concealed carrier. When you don't carry often, every time you do carry is more of a novelity rather than a way of life. The guy, or gal, who doesn't carry often will be overly conscious of the gun and will do many (or all) of the tip offs in the poster. The person who carries regularly, has quality gear, training and experience, won't fall into the printing categories in the poster.
When everything is working right you should be able to put your gun on and forget about it. You know it's there if you need it and in the mean time it just takes care of itself, sort of like a watch on your wrist.
That sums it up pretty well.