Spotting a concealed handgun - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Spotting a concealed handgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 10:15 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Shooter Girl, a beautiful woman and she likes guns... "Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Clause" ; )

Old 11-27-2009, 10:54 PM   #62

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter girl View Post
Boys boys reign in the testosterone a bit ok. It is already dripping from the decks in this thread.
Sorry.. I just gave it a shot (a call for peace)

GCA and RSA Member, NRA Life Member

Old 12-09-2009, 12:59 AM   #63

Default I know this is an old post, but I am new here.

I carry a Bersa .380 in a Smartcarry at work and in the warm weather. I can walk up to a cop and talk and they could not make me unless they patted me down. In the cold weather I carry my XDM .40 in a SigTac concealed carry jacket. They both work great. You don't ever have to worry about bending over, the wind blowing your jacket open, or anything else. It is very comfortable to know that whatever movement you make, you can't be made. Only one drawback(there is always one right?) I need an extra second to draw my weapon from both ways I carry.

Chris

Never forget 911

When you think of your freedom. Thank a Veteran!

Old 12-13-2009, 03:41 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC357 View Post
...so you are saying we all walk funny.......

OC
I broke my foot in a wreck a few years ago and never got it fixed 100% so i limp anyway lol they cant even tell

Old 12-13-2009, 04:01 AM   #65
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Most average people do not pay attention to there own kids in a store or resturant much less what someone is carrying or wearing. If you think about it most cell phone holders are black or brown. Now a day with the size of the cell phone getting larger like the Blackberry or the HTC people automaticly think you have a phone on your hip and not a holstered weapon.

It took me a long time to re-think my body mechanics. Like reaching for a item on the top shelf with your gun hand. Do not do it use your non-gun hand. Squating to pick something up instead of bending over. Turn your body where your weapon is away from wondering eyes.

And just a little FYI for you UnderFire, people are human and make mistakes. I have carried for over 20yrs now and have by accident exposed my weapon at least a half dozen times. 6 times in 20 years is not bad. It happens no matter how good you think you are at carrying CCW.

I have exposed my weapon reaching for something, when the wind blew my jacket open, when my kids were younger and were pushing and pulling on me. It happens and how you react will either defuse the sitution or make it worse.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:14 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelenwolf View Post

And just a little FYI for you UnderFire, people are human and make mistakes. I have carried for over 20yrs now and have by accident exposed my weapon at least a half dozen times. 6 times in 20 years is not bad. It happens no matter how good you think you are at carrying CCW. .
yeah it's quite obvious according to this topic that it happens more than it should...maybe to some, but not to all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelenwolf View Post

It happens and how you react will either defuse the sitution or make it worse.
It also depends on how others react.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:20 PM   #67

I'm in MI.
We have open carry so even if your pistol is accidentally exposed it is legal. You can oc with just a pistol permit - no training with that, but you are checked through the police dept. OC is not common anywhere in this state so people are not use to seeing guns nor do they know the laws.
CC'ers here have educated ourselves on what to expect and how to handle such a situation all the way to how to properly act if the police are called. Just like we all know what to do if we are pulled over in our vehicles. It's explained by the lawyer as part of the mandatory class.

Keeping a pistol concealed is for preventing a bg from taking it, no matter where you live.
Keeping a cc hidden is for retaining your permit in a state with more restrictions to the constitution.
Keeping it hidden from the general public in a freer state is for avoiding a whole lot of hassle.

If I was in a state with "tight-sphincter" laws, I would be extremely paranoid about exposure. Would not want my cc permit taken away.

I don't spend a moment trying to spot a fellow cc holder.
I spend my time on the lookout for predators.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:34 AM   #68
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Here in Az it is legal to OC as well as CC. It interesting that I have been seeing more people then I have seen in the past carrying OC. I am just glad that I do not live in places like California or New York. Been there to visit and loved it but could not handle all the gun laws. I like my freedom.

Old 12-16-2009, 04:28 AM   #69

Yes, it's very obvious that in states that allow OC, that CC restrictions are very loose. We that live in states that don't allow OC have to take special precautions that we show no signs of a concealed weapon.

But for some to post that when momentary unconcealment has no consequences, that's a naive thought on their part.

The only people who don't have to worry about weapons violations are the criminals and the juveniles who are becoming criminals. The only thing that will stop them is a stiff jail sentence. The rest of us who are trying to defend ourselves and stay out of trouble have all the problems obeying this stuff. For the ones that understand why complete concealment is necessary, with no momentary unconcealment, we need all the help we can get.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:37 AM   #70

Response to "Yunus"

when I carry my Taurus605, I use a soft IWB holster at about
one 0' clock...very easy to sit down, enter and exit a vehicle etc. without getting poked with the barrel...its also not directly aimed at my "parts" but I don't worry about accidental discharge with her anyway

Springfield XD-9 Subcompact
Taurus Model 605 .357 Mag
Kel-Tec P32
Ruger 10-22
Winchester 1300 Rifled Deer Slug (Tactical)
Saiga 7.62x39