Spotting a concealed handgun - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Spotting a concealed handgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 01:35 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9131 Times on 3945 Posts
Likes Given: 1423

Love the fall weather- and hoody sweatshirts- ones with the big pocket in the front. Summer, cargo shorts. Ones with the extra pockets.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 11-21-2009, 02:31 AM   #12

Liked 1152 Times on 690 Posts
Likes Given: 362

For those of you who do carry in your waistband, you keep a round chambered as well, just the safety protecting you from an accidental discharge?

It's just something I can't see myself doing. Carrying on the hip sure but I don't trust safeties on guns, I leave my glock without a round in the chamber even though I totally believe that unless the trigger is pulled the gun will not fire.

I ask this because I am getting a 1911 any day now(soon as the feds finish the paperwork) and I'm curious as to how much faith others put in their weapons.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 11-21-2009, 02:39 AM   #13

Good post, Goju...

A few years ago, I was at a grocery store getting a few items, when I looked down the aisle I noticed a man with a jacket on (it was a cool night) reaching for something on the top shelf. His reach caused his jacket to fall open exposing his handgun in a shoulder rig under his left arm.

I wonder if the guy ever fixed the problem and has been able to hold on to his CWP?

Old 11-21-2009, 03:20 AM   #14
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
I know the weather is closing in up North but down here if you see a guy with a fanny pack AND he has his wallet in his back pocket, he's packing! (And he probably has a gun in his fanny pack too!)
ANY time you see a guy with a fanny pack he needs "special attention" dose anyone still wear a fanny pack? I carry IWB aft the hip on my stong side. I expect I don't walk funny or print.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 11-21-2009, 03:23 AM   #15

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Anyone here actually carry in their waistband with the barrel pointed at your... important parts?
Yup. Makes the little feller pay attention to what it's told! Actually, I do carry IWB @ 1:00. Thanks to Ford for putting reclining bucket seats in the 2009 F-150 XL.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 11-21-2009, 03:31 AM   #16

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
For those of you who do carry in your waistband, you keep a round chambered as well, just the safety protecting you from an accidental discharge?

It's just something I can't see myself doing. Carrying on the hip sure but I don't trust safeties on guns, I leave my glock without a round in the chamber even though I totally believe that unless the trigger is pulled the gun will not fire.

I ask this because I am getting a 1911 any day now(soon as the feds finish the paperwork) and I'm curious as to how much faith others put in their weapons.
Mine's striker-fired with a backstrap safety, and I always carry with one in the tube. The backstrap safety was one of the major selling points for me when I bought it, as I recognized that I would have to be intentionally trying to fire the gun for it to go off. Not like an NFL star or "The only person qualified to handle....."

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 11-21-2009, 03:44 AM   #17

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
ANY time you see a guy with a fanny pack he needs "special attention" dose anyone still wear a fanny pack? I carry IWB aft the hip on my stong side. I expect I don't walk funny or print.
Don, haven't spent much time in South Florida have ya?

2855464862_a7e30f3a6f.jpg

dog-carrier.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 11-21-2009, 04:02 AM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Which one of those pics is you?

Old 11-21-2009, 06:05 AM   #19

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Anyone here actually carry in their waistband with the barrel pointed at your... important parts?
Yes. IWB about 1 o'clock. Very concealable/comfortable with snubby revolver. My dad has carried like this for 25+ years. I always thought he was crazy til I bought a 38 and found it to be best CC spot for me.
Damm! Dad was right again, just dont tell him I said so!

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 11-21-2009, 07:35 AM   #20

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
Skinny guys such as myself have trouble hiding even smaller firearms, even my Bersa 380 prints so I carry in a waist pack, weak side over my front pocket. I see quite a number of other guys with waist packs here in S.W. Oregon. Now that it's winter time I sometimes carry strong side about 2 o'clock under a sweat jacket. If I had a Kahr I could probably hide it fairly good in an IWB. I have seen people carrying conceiled just by their mannerisms, this is good considering what I would want to do to keep from doing the same things and reveal my ccw. Another reason I carry in a waist pack is that my ccw is a large frame and is heavy.