Sp101 holster question - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Sp101 holster question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 92 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben

A pancake generally has two slots cut in the leather and your belt is threaded through them. An IWB holster generally as 1-2 belt clips or loops to attach it to your belt.

Pancake

IWB
How does the pancake go iwb with your belt going through it? Told you I'm new

Old 01-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #12

Liked 284 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 2

The loops go out side of your pants and the actual holster goes inside.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #13

Sorry double post

Old 01-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #14

Found this on google

130391935_barsony-black-leather-iwb-holster-kel-tec-p11-pf9-p40-.jpeg  

Old 01-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by fupuk
Found this on google
So is that an iwb or pancake? The pancake doesn't actually go inside your pants, just inside your belt?

Old 01-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by capto56 View Post

So is that an iwb or pancake? The pancake doesn't actually go inside your pants, just inside your belt?
Thats an iwb. The loops go through your belt and the actual holster goes inside your pants. The pancake holster is more of a full circle and looks like a pancake and is an outside the waistband.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fupuk

Thats an iwb. The loops go through your belt and the actual holster goes inside your pants. The pancake holster is more of a full circle and looks like a pancake and is an outside the waistband.
Ah ok. I thought they were both iwb. I found a site I'm reading now. I usually refer to the forum for people's knowledge rather than waste my time. Thanks for the info guys

Old 01-09-2013, 01:07 PM   #18
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2121 Times on 1164 Posts
Likes Given: 632

Most of us have a drawer full of holsters that just did not quite work the way we want them to. For IWB I have a couple in my collection that I go to. Remora makes a clip less IWB that works. I have one with full sweat shield for my Sig P238 and I am thinking of getting one for my SP101. It should work with my J frame also. The other one is cheap Uncle Mike's size 0 left hand. I carry the gun butt forward on the right at roughly the 4:00 position. I can still draw if I am in the car and is easier to draw than the butt back carry. Does not print as badly if you bend over. One caveat, you need to practice the draw with an empty gun so you dont cross your body with the muzzle. As with drawing from any holster: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER!

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:28 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ
Most of us have a drawer full of holsters that just did not quite work the way we want them to. For IWB I have a couple in my collection that I go to. Remora makes a clip less IWB that works. I have one with full sweat shield for my Sig P238 and I am thinking of getting one for my SP101. It should work with my J frame also. The other one is cheap Uncle Mike's size 0 left hand. I carry the gun butt forward on the right at roughly the 4:00 position. I can still draw if I am in the car and is easier to draw than the butt back carry. Does not print as badly if you bend over. One caveat, you need to practice the draw with an empty gun so you dont cross your body with the muzzle. As with drawing from any holster: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER!
Yea, I'll probably check some out in a few stores before I buy. I made the mistaken of impulse buying an iwb galco for my p226... I'd have to wear jeans 4 sized bigger to carry the dam thing lol.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #20

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Well that's the other part of carrying, you have to change things, like your dress, your movements, your tactics and techniques, etc. You will have to wear pants a couple sizes bigger for iwb, you will have to wear larger, more printed shirts, or shirts outside the pants or wear a jacket or vest(a vest screams CC, btw)....you will have to squat down to pick something up vs bending over and exposing your gun. You will find yourself sitting at a restaurant facing the door and looking for escape routes . You will spend time thinking about "what if" scenarios. You will wait for the next elevator rather than getting into a crowded one and chance having someone bumping into your gun.

Some have said they have a drawer full of holsters that don't work, I have a drawer full of holsters for different situations. No one holster fills all situations( well, My Don Hume iwb w/ clip almost does). You'll use a different holster in the Summer, with shorts and t-shirt, than you will in Winter, with coat. I use a different holster in competition than I do CC. I carry my pistol appendix carry all the time, as it's the fastest position. In competition, it has to be at 3 or 4 o'clock, either iwb or owb, but concealed.

Freedom comes from those who fought for it
USMC, NRA, IDPA-SO, GOA