Sooo many choices - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Sooo many choices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 04:25 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2178 Times on 1469 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUDAN View Post
Literally I can't decide what to buy lol. Looking for my first CC gun, I have looked at everything from HK-Taurus all I know is I am 5'6 140 so can't be a huge gun. I know I don't want bulky which from what I have seen means I need a 9mm. SIG, S&W, Glock, HK i really don't know. Let me know what you guys like any any advice would be amazing lol
Tell us about your training/experience-

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 01-22-2013, 04:27 AM   #12

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Have shot all my life but mainly rifle shooting. With handguns I have shot my fathers ruger .357 the most. As for training none, I will be taking the class to get my CC though. I'm from Oklahoma so I grew up around guns just never owned my own.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:32 AM   #13

Liked 325 Times on 180 Posts

What about the Bersa BP CC? They call it the BP9CC. It's a thin polymer gun in 9mm that would probably be perfect for this person.

image-2661859422.jpg

Old 01-22-2013, 04:32 AM   #14

Quote:
Have shot all my life but mainly rifle shooting. With handguns I have shot my fathers ruger .357 the most. As for training none, I will be taking the class to get my CC though. I'm from Oklahoma so I grew up around guns just never owned my own.
Sounds like you just need to shoot as many as you can to see what "fits"
If you like the 357 you can't go wrong with a S&W DA 6 shooter for a CCW-

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 01-22-2013, 04:36 AM   #15
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8140 Times on 4699 Posts
Likes Given: 10510

Try shooting as many as you have the opportunity to shoot. If you have fired .357 magnums then I would say get a larger caliber like the .40. But get what suits you most importantly. You going to find man opinions here but the only one that truly matters is yours.

I like Ruger, but don't own any of their semi-auto pistols (other than a .22/45) but I can say that Ruger makes an excellent gun for the money. I am not too keen on Taurus. I have fired a some of them and don't care for them. I shoot any that are offered for me to try, but I wouldn't buy one myself.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:40 AM   #16
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8140 Times on 4699 Posts
Likes Given: 10510

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Sounds like you just need to shoot as many as you can to see what "fits"
If you like the 357 you can't go wrong with a S&W DA 6 shooter for a CCW-
Hoss is right. I have an S&W L-frame Mountain Light- fires seven shots and is scandium framed - weighs very little (.357 magnum does kick a bit, but for practice I use .38 Special). Bit pricey though.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/955342095/SMITH_WESSON_386_SC_MOUNTAIN_LITE_357_MAG.htm

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1985 Times on 1032 Posts
Likes Given: 380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
Try shooting as many as you have the opportunity to shoot. If you have fired .357 magnums then I would say get a larger caliber like the .40. But get what suits you most importantly. You going to find man opinions here but the only one that truly matters is yours.

I like Ruger, but don't own any of their semi-auto pistols (other than a .22/45) but I can say that Ruger makes an excellent gun for the money. I am not too keen on Taurus. I have fired a some of them and don't care for them. I shoot any that are offered for me to try, but I wouldn't buy one myself.
I bought the Ruger Sr40 and I think it's a great gun, largish for carrying though and I'm 6' 260. I'm looking at the SR9c as I'm impressed with the platform. Agree that you should shoot as many as you can before pulling the trigger on your purchase (pun intended)

Old 01-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Check out kahr. They make great cc guns. And their line from cw to pm has about anything you could want up to .45 acp. Plus it's american made. Buy american!!!

Old 01-22-2013, 02:04 PM   #19

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I will check out Kahr I like to buy American for sure! I should have said I do not want a revolver, that's just what I have shot the most of. Obviously just need to find a big gun shop tht has everything lol. If any if you can help me narrow down to a few nice narrow ish options that would be great! Thanks again for everyone's advice so far! I am not wanting a bottom end gun either and Taurus may not be that it just kinda comes across that way. I would rather spend the $$ on a really nice gun and be happy with it then spend less and want a different one in 6 mo.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #20

Quote:
I will check out Kahr I like to buy American for sure! I should have said I do not want a revolver, that's just what I have shot the most of. Obviously just need to find a big gun shop tht has everything lol. If any if you can help me narrow down to a few nice narrow ish options that would be great! Thanks again for everyone's advice so far! I am not wanting a bottom end gun either and Taurus may not be that it just kinda comes across that way. I would rather spend the $$ on a really nice gun and be happy with it then spend less and want a different one in 6 mo.
Wise-
Narrow down the field & hollar back

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET