Sooo many choices
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Sooo many choices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 11:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Default Sooo many choices

Literally I can't decide what to buy lol. Looking for my first CC gun, I have looked at everything from HK-Taurus all I know is I am 5'6 140 so can't be a huge gun. I know I don't want bulky which from what I have seen means I need a 9mm. SIG, S&W, Glock, HK i really don't know. Let me know what you guys like any any advice would be amazing lol

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-22-2013, 12:17 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUDAN View Post
Literally I can't decide what to buy lol. Looking for my first CC gun, I have looked at everything from HK-Taurus all I know is I am 5'6 140 so can't be a huge gun. I know I don't want bulky which from what I have seen means I need a 9mm. SIG, S&W, Glock, HK i really don't know. Let me know what you guys like any any advice would be amazing lol
best suggestion is to hit the gun stores and pawn shops and start looking. see what fits you and your hand. the pistol that fits your hand well is the one you usually will shoot the most accurately.

set a budget of what you can afford to spend. don't worry about what others carry or shoot, as this is about what will work best for your needs. if you have a range near you that rents pistols, that is a good way to see what could be best for you.

your holster will make a huge difference in what you can carry effectively. don't cheap out in picking a holster. many people will try several types or brands before they finally settle on a particular one that works well for them.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:23 AM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I have pretty much decided I don't want Glock, they are just too bulky. Not that I have really small hands just they feel bulky and I would think would be more of a pain to carry daily. I guess my question should have been more like is there really a quality difference? Idk have shot all my life but mostly rifles and such.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:13 AM   #4

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

Just about everything you listed shoots well.I am partial to Sig myself.Beretta makes a good pistol.Like what's already been said go get a hand full of everything and take into consideration how you're gonna carry and how much you're willing to shell out.In the end the one that fits you the best will be the one for you.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:14 AM   #5

Liked 287 Times on 249 Posts

Single stack is what you need.

Taurus is what I'd look at were I you. Used market opens up a lot. Look for CZ and Star.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:18 AM   #6

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I just know that I need a smaller one whatever it is, I do have an issue with my pinkie finger being off the end of whatever I get. So I guess really I want
Something not really wide
Longer handle or extended clip
Probably a 9 mm

Thanks for the help guys. Ill check out that Taurus. If anyone else can give me ideas now that I kinda know what I want in a CC gun I'm all ears. Maybe just some advice as to what to check out even.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:39 AM   #7

Liked 287 Times on 249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUDAN View Post
I just know that I need a smaller one whatever it is, I do have an issue with my pinkie finger being off the end of whatever I get. So I guess really I want
Something not really wide
Longer handle or extended clip
Probably a 9 mm

Thanks for the help guys. Ill check out that Taurus. If anyone else can give me ideas now that I kinda know what I want in a CC gun I'm all ears. Maybe just some advice as to what to check out even.
To keep things in perspective, my Star Firestar 9mm is 1.1" wide, my Firestar chambered in 45acp is 1.2". Both are single stack. My Glock 30 in 45acp which is double stack is 1.3" wide.

The Glock 30 feels huge, it's amazing how much a fraction of an inch can change the feel of a gun in the hand.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:41 AM   #8

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Yeah I totally agree I know that a Glock isn't what I want no matter what I have heard about how great they are. It's just too bulky for my hand.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:08 AM   #9

I agree with beyond the box taurus makes some decent guns that are afordable. The millenium pro series are very nice. My first handun was a pt145. They are small enough to conceal and will still pack a punch. Id stay away from a 9mm...but im biased and like the bigger calibers. Good luck in your gun hunt!

Old 01-22-2013, 04:19 AM   #10

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Why do you not like 9mm? Sorry first person who has mentioned to go with .40 vs 9 so in curious lol