Soo tired of waiting for my CCW!!!! - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Soo tired of waiting for my CCW!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 02:23 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 56 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

No... it was after, I was legal, and the mere presence of the gun did the trick. In fact, I did not even fully draw it. Grabbing it and shouting HALT was enough to send the Goblins scurrying away.

I simply meant that 17 years ago... I thought I needed "permission"... and now, I don't.

Tack
Thats great it stopped there! Yeah being a female and out by myself some i am looking forward to knowing i have "back up" lol. I dont like going many places alone because i have been put in some dangerous situations in broad daylight and bystanders could give a crap less.

Old 06-22-2013, 02:31 AM   #12

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Yeah I hear ya.. Get this.. I live in not so nice NYS...
Turned 21 in October 2012 applied in November same year.. Was told to wait till June 12th 2013 to get finger printed.. Called them 2 weeks before to say that I got a new job an can't take off so I'm going to miss my appointment.. With an additude I got put on hold for 15 min then she said, yeah I can squeeze you in, October 5th 3013!!!!!!!!

I said right there u know what ill pass now.. Not only would I wait till then but then my 6 month waiting period starts when you get fingerprinted and they are actually taking 8+ months now.. So I wasn't Iooking to get it till may 2014..

I plan to leave this state by 2015 so to pay 300 bucks for a permit for 5 months was crazy..

Ohh and I already have my FL non resident permit.. Sad I can't even get the one for my home state...

Old 06-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1
Yeah I hear ya.. Get this.. I live in not so nice NYS...
Turned 21 in October 2012 applied in November same year.. Was told to wait till June 12th 2013 to get finger printed.. Called them 2 weeks before to say that I got a new job an can't take off so I'm going to miss my appointment.. With an additude I got put on hold for 15 min then she said, yeah I can squeeze you in, October 5th 3013!!!!!!!!

I said right there u know what ill pass now.. Not only would I wait till then but then my 6 month waiting period starts when you get fingerprinted and they are actually taking 8+ months now.. So I wasn't Iooking to get it till may 2014..

I plan to leave this state by 2015 so to pay 300 bucks for a permit for 5 months was crazy..

Ohh and I already have my FL non resident permit.. Sad I can't even get the one for my home state...
Oh my gosh thats so ridiculous!! They treat us like we are criminals! Guess i shouldnt be complaining after all! I know you will be glad to get out of there!

Old 06-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #14

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I applied for mine the third week of January and jus received it last week lol So basically six months lol

Its not murder if for means of survival

Old 06-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #15

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaloveszoe

Oh my gosh thats so ridiculous!! They treat us like we are criminals! Guess i shouldnt be complaining after all! I know you will be glad to get out of there!
Yeah I really want some freedom.. Parents just bought a house in Sebastian FL so I should be down there soon..

Old 06-22-2013, 07:10 PM   #16
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2017 Times on 1097 Posts
Likes Given: 604

You should see the waiting list for a suppressor/class 3. The backlog is huge and they cut the number of processors.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am who I am and your approval is not needed.

Old 06-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaloveszoe View Post
Been there done that, been shooting 25 yrs, i always keep up w laws they r ever changing!
Review it again then.

Old 06-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #18

Liked 4820 Times on 2335 Posts
Likes Given: 1502

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaloveszoe View Post
Thats great it stopped there! Yeah being a female and out by myself some i am looking forward to knowing i have "back up" lol. I dont like going many places alone because i have been put in some dangerous situations in broad daylight and bystanders could give a crap less.
Don't know what state your in but... in most states "open carry" is legal... May be an option until your CCW arrives.

NOTE: Check your local laws on OC for yourself... Internet advise on legal matters is worth just about what you pay for it. Good Luck

Tack

Old 06-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysarmed
I applied for mine the third week of January and jus received it last week lol So basically six months lol
Jeez may i ask what state?

Old 06-22-2013, 10:04 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Don't know what state your in but... in most states "open carry" is legal... May be an option until your CCW arrives.

NOTE: Check your local laws on OC for yourself... Internet advise on legal matters is worth just about what you pay for it. Good Luck

Tack
In NC and thankfully we can OC i do if i am going to the range and always do when out walking dog etc! Not brave enough to walk around stores with it i can hear the guys now, dont want anymore attention drawn to myself :/