Some legal questions? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Some legal questions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 02:53 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 78 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 19

I gotta agree with the general on this. Now let me say I'm in Florida and its my understanding that they're a little more relaxed when it comes to permits here vs. Mass but, other than the mental stuff I was in the same boat as you. Teenage record but no felonies. I applied and answered all of the questions truthfully and received my permit two months later. As long as you don't lie and process your paper work how they say you should, then the worst they can do is deny you.

If you've got one foot in yesterday, and the other in tomorrow, than you're pissing on today.
-unknown-

Old 02-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
C3 is correct. the best place to start is with an attorney. he can get any all his records and if they could be disqualifiers, then the attorney can petition the court for an expungement of the record. IIRC, this is the only legal way with the exception of a pardon, which has to come from the governor of that state of getting his record cleaned up and legally able to own a firearm.

OP, get an attorney and let him handle it.
See here, and granted this isn't Mass so it's likely different, the Governor doesn't have the power to do that. Your one shot is the DA where whatever occurred is recorded. Of course, if it was an adjuncation (that's spelled wrong, I forget the word but it comes after the completion of like a First Offender status) then it's not required that you mention it nor does it show on any records other than the FBI, CIA, those 3 letter Federal guys basically but that doesn't disallow you a permit.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-13-2013, 01:10 AM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I'm an old ex-surfer so when he said North Shore, I immediately thought of Hawaii's north shore of Oahu.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:52 AM   #14

Liked 110 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLeeHarley View Post
I'm an old ex-surfer so when he said North Shore, I immediately thought of Hawaii's north shore of Oahu.
Never been to oahus north shore, but sure enjoyed Kauais.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLeeHarley
I lived in aiea, right outside pearl city for about about a year. The north shore was amazing.