small town drama

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > small town drama

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2011, 10:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default small town drama

so my grandma told me a a while back that one of her neighbors a few miles up the road shot and killed an intruder. this was in southern Oregon and apparently this person was a meth addictt that refused to leave the property and was shot by a senior citizen for entering a home by kicking in the door in after he was repeatedly warned that he would be shot if he entered the house. the man was shot once in the chest and died before police arrived..
This was a pretty big story in the small town my grandma lives in but not a lot of details about the actual shooting were given in the local paper as I asked my grandma to find out what the man was shot with. I assumed that the scumbag felt the business end of a shotgun or possibly a deer riffle knowing the folks that live out in this rural area but I was surprised to find out that a man in my grandmas fly fishing club that new the senior that was invaded told her it was single action .22 revolver and that the man hopped up on drugs dropped instantly upon being shot and died within just a few minutes.

pretty crazy..............just thought I would share the story. It just goes to show how much shot placement matters. you here all these stories about drug addicts taking a few .45acp rounds and still running off and then you here a story like this. I'm glad the old man was armed otherwise who knows what might have happened to him and his wife.

Last edited by shooter57; 06-17-2011 at 10:50 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-17-2011, 11:38 PM   #2

Liked 421 Times on 265 Posts
Likes Given: 1244

well good for them for standing up for themselves its a shame though knowing there are scumbags out there willing to hurt senior citizens to supply there habit,but thats the world we live in.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:08 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6572 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

This is a prime example of why the 2nd amendment is so important. How do the pro gun control activists think this man could of protected himself and his family without the use of a firearm?
I'm glad he's ok and it is a good thing he had that revolver. As for the .22, They can do more than you would think. I used to think it was a really weak round until I heard stories of big bucks being taken down by a well place shot from a .22 revolver and .22 bullets rickashaying all over the target's body.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:18 PM   #4

yeah I'm thinking he must have hit the heart for a guy on drugs to drop and bleed out like that but like you where saying with the Ricochet thing he might have got him in the the shoulder or in the gut and that's just were the bullet ended up.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:37 PM   #5

you ever see "Shooter"? remember the part where he saves the FBI Agent by shooting the guys with a .22LR?

Old 06-19-2011, 01:43 PM   #6

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

A .22 is pretty lethal in that when the bullet enters the body it can ricochet off bones then travel different paths as it hits other bones. I once saw a guy hit just below the armpit and it traveled through his body coming out of his thigh. Dead in less than a minute.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 06-19-2011, 02:47 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I know from personal experiance that a .22LR round can easily kill in one shot.
I've witnessed, and shot, deer and coyotes with a .22 rifle and dropped or had die within short distances. Head shots are always a drop in place.
The butcher who came out and slaughtered a steer for us used a .22 at 5 paces, instantly turned those lights out. Later on he slaughtered a pig for us, but he used a .223.
"Why?" I asked him out of curiosity.
"A pigs head is harder to penetrate. You want to be sure on the first shot." Was his answer. Made sense to me.

It's plenty lethal. And a .22 rifle is my personal 1st choice for survival.