Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Small of the back holsters?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 04:53 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Small of Back holsters suck. Mine almost got me killed when I fought a wanted parolee at large and he easily grabbed my gun from the holster. We fought over the gun and I managed somehow to keep him from killing me. Now he is doing 20 years in prison over the incident. Long story short! SOB holsters are strictly dangerous!!!

Old 03-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I personally don't agree with the small of the back carry. The reason being if your pushed on your back your going to get hurt. Nothing like a piece of steel hitting your tailbone.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #13

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

SOB carry, as with many other things gun related, look really cool on Tee-Vee, but in real life, not so much. Sitting in a chair, very uncomfortable. Drawing while driving in a car doesn't work so well. In a fight, get knocked down, or fall on your back and you could wind up with severe spinal cord injury. Bend over to pick something up and everybody knows you are carrying.
Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 03-10-2012, 11:58 PM   #14

http://www.desantisholster.com/store/SEARCH-BY-HOLSTER-OR-ACCESSORY/INSIDE-THE-WAIST-BAND-HOLSTERS/sof-tucktm/copy7_of_keltec/XDM-40cal-3.8
SOF-TUCK™ #106 is a new IWB/Tuck-able holster with adjustable cant. It can be worn strong side, cross draw or on the small of the back. It is built from soft, no-slip suede and reinforced at the top with premium saddle leather to aid in re-holstering. The #106 is available for most concealable hand guns in right and left hand.

Check this out.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin46 View Post
http://www.desantisholster.com/store/SEARCH-BY-HOLSTER-OR-ACCESSORY/INSIDE-THE-WAIST-BAND-HOLSTERS/sof-tucktm/copy7_of_keltec/XDM-40cal-3.8
SOF-TUCK™ #106 is a new IWB/Tuck-able holster with adjustable cant. It can be worn strong side, cross draw or on the small of the back. It is built from soft, no-slip suede and reinforced at the top with premium saddle leather to aid in re-holstering. The #106 is available for most concealable hand guns in right and left hand.

Check this out.
That looks like a good one for my Kahr PM45 compact. Thanks!

May God make smooth the path you follow!

Old 03-11-2012, 11:40 PM   #16

Thanks for all the feed back guys! I have been carrying my XDM at about the 4-5 o'clock position with my crossbreed holster and it feels pretty good, I thought to myself that if I carried ISOB then it would be better but now reading your posts I think I thought wrong. I think I will keep carrying where I do and maybe get a size or two bigger pants...no more skinny jeans lol jk.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #17

Liked 352 Times on 235 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Prefer an SOB rig, but a torn rotator cuff says nothing further back than 4 o'clock these days