skinny guy+CCW=??????? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > skinny guy+CCW=???????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2011, 10:22 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Definitely look into the Theis/crossbreed/supertuck style holster. I carry the same size Smith in 40 cal with a Theiss. It is comfortable and my wife is the only one who knows it's there and then only when she hugs or puts a hand on my waist. I can ride a bicycle with cargo shorts and stay concealed with it on.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:09 AM   #12

Likes Given: 1

I'm not as skinny as I was when I first got my CCW, but I've always carried my XD subcompact with the extended clip, in a cheap IWB holster. Even under t-shirts, its hard to see the bulge. I really don't think alot of people (aside from people on here), really even pay much attention. With so many people wearing phones the size of small computers on their belts, I think people don't think twice when they notice something on a waist.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:16 PM   #13
hmh

Liked 157 Times on 109 Posts

I routinely carry a full size 1911 with a jit-slide and an untucked shirt at around the 3:30 position. If it is a button up I will leave the bottom button unbuttoned. I am 6'2" and have carried weighing 140 to 190. It is comfortable sitting as well as standing. Get yourself a good leather belt with reinforcement 511 blackhawk. Will keep the belt from sagging and kicking the top of your pistol out.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:41 AM   #14

Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

I am 5'10 and 170lbs. I am currently carrying a glock 26. I normally carry iwb but find I cant conceal as good as I could. I have recently switched to a belly band and I have to say im very pleased. Very quick draw, very comfortable in sitting and standing positions.

Newest Threads