skinny guy+CCW=???????
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > skinny guy+CCW=???????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2011, 05:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default skinny guy+CCW=???????

i was just reading a thread by a self described "larger" gentleman and if he should/how he'd carry his glock..now some responded about the Silhouette of the gun,got me thinking...im a 135lb,5'10-6ft guy..need less to say im a skinny muthaf#cka..and im curious how i could conceivably CCW a pistol?(would be my sigma 9mm,its the only pistol i have) is there holsers for concealed carry that would work well for me?

S&W sigma 9mm
Savage arms .22 long rifle,w/ scope(had since 14)
you can take my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers..┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-09-2011, 06:07 PM   #2

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I don't have a Sigma but you won't do better than a Tommy Theis holster for IWB carry. (Even bean poles. )

Theisholsters.com Custom IWB Holsters

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I carried my PT92 (full-sized metal-framed 9mm with a 5" barrel) for a year back when I weighed about 145lbs. I am about 6'1". I would regularly conceal it by carrying at the ~12:30 position (the barrel just to the right of my junk, with the grip facing to the right), even under a size-small t-shirt (and I don't own anything but size small--except children's XL which is about the same but much cheaper :P ).

I now regularly carry an 8" Raging Bull .44mag Revolver, IWB. It sits at the ~4:00 position, with the grip forward, and stays hidden by a vest.

In the first pic, you can see the end of the grip packing out about level the bottom of my rib cage.

The second picture is one I took before a jog as a joke for some friends (because they know Im pretty much always armed). I was wearing a t-shirt to cover the gun. It is already just a cheap holster I bought for the P22, and had no belt so it wasn't held very tightly against my stomach. But, it was still perfectly concealed (I've run quick errands with the same setup and never felt exposed) and it never moved or bounced around any (just because the gun itself is small and relatively light).

It's still very possible to conceal effective handguns without weighing 300lbs and wearing a trench coat .

*edit*

Oh and I've been hitting the gym and those protein shakes so Im up to like 153 now :P .

raging_bull_concealed_carry_front.jpg   p22_jogging.jpg  

Last edited by Lindenwood; 09-09-2011 at 06:52 PM.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:43 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Perhaps you should indulge in some donuts for easier concealment?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Perhaps you should indulge in some donuts for easier concealment?
ive indulged in every type of fatty,greasy,awesome food for the last 6-8 years(im 22) and can never gain a pound...ive tried and even joined a gym n bought that weight gain stuff(then got into an ankle shattering accident 3 weeks after,g0ddamn it-_-) lol....it honestly pisses my friends off

S&W sigma 9mm
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Old 09-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #6

thank you lindenwood,def informative and shows even my skinny a$$ could carry.I'll def look at those holsters you mentioned,though getting my CCW permit might be a good step 1st lol. btw how that protein shakes/exercise regimen work? ive been wanting to bulk up n get stonger

S&W sigma 9mm

Old 09-09-2011, 07:45 PM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Just wait until you hit 40 and it will be all you can do to NOT gain weight LOL.

I carried a 1911 .45 with a 5" barrel in an IWB at around 3:30 with 2 magazines in a carrier at around 8:30 under an untucked t-shirt when I was in my late teens/early 20s (5'08" 140# back then) and never had a problem.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo45 View Post
Just wait until you hit 40 and it will be all you can do to NOT gain weight LOL.

I carried a 1911 .45 with a 5" barrel in an IWB at around 3:30 with 2 magazines in a carrier at around 8:30 under an untucked t-shirt when I was in my late teens/early 20s (5'08" 140# back then) and never had a problem.
looks like i was worried for no reasons..CCW on a skinny guy is def possable im glad!,im gonna carry my sigma 9mm and an extra mag when i can. and ya i figure when 35-40 hits imma balloon up n have to work my ass off lol,though if my dads any indication i should do OK lol

S&W sigma 9mm

Old 09-10-2011, 01:11 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Haha yeah it used to bother me being so skinny, but now that I've got my eyes on my future I'm not so worried :P . FYI, I peaked around 157lbs from weighing about 145 from 6-8 months ago, though I dropped to 153 over the course of a couple weeks without getting any weaker. At this point, I mostly just work out for the maintenance, maybe one or two days per week, as I've just about peaked again in strength and such. But, people say they've noticed I've put on a little bulk. I just use the cheap $15 canister of Whey protein from Walmart, and it is actually probably the best-tasting protein shake I've had.

On toping, yes, it is very possible to conceal decent handguns without being unfashionable or whatever. You might have to make small compromises here and there (like, I wouldn't wear vests except for concealment), but they aren't major.

I've always used cheap holsters and never had issues. Though, a high quality holster like from Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters, will increase both comfort and concealment notably. A gun belt will make an even bigger difference in stability. I just always found myself buying ammo instead of these high-quality holsters and stuff, after I'd found workable ($10 ) solutions, heh.

Old 09-10-2011, 03:22 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindenwood View Post
Haha yeah it used to bother me being so skinny, but now that I've got my eyes on my future I'm not so worried :P . FYI, I peaked around 157lbs from weighing about 145 from 6-8 months ago, though I dropped to 153 over the course of a couple weeks without getting any weaker. At this point, I mostly just work out for the maintenance, maybe one or two days per week, as I've just about peaked again in strength and such. But, people say they've noticed I've put on a little bulk. I just use the cheap $15 canister of Whey protein from Walmart, and it is actually probably the best-tasting protein shake I've had.

On toping, yes, it is very possible to conceal decent handguns without being unfashionable or whatever. You might have to make small compromises here and there (like, I wouldn't wear vests except for concealment), but they aren't major.

I've always used cheap holsters and never had issues. Though, a high quality holster like from Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters, will increase both comfort and concealment notably. A gun belt will make an even bigger difference in stability. I just always found myself buying ammo instead of these high-quality holsters and stuff, after I'd found workable ($10 ) solutions, heh.
haha ya imma be thats what i want,a bit of bulk so im not the skinny tall guy ive been since 16 lol,ill try that stuff def as ive looked at other stuff and $25-50 a container of it? hellll no,i hope to have the same success as you in that sense
..and i kinda dress a bit gansta-ish,loose shirts,baggy pants,fitted caps etc so i think i'll be able to pull it off defenetly. but i do like that holster that they had on that link you posted above ,its a nice set up. but i'll prolly make some cheap option work n buy lots of ammo as i gotta work on my accuracy a bit.

S&W sigma 9mm