Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Show us you CCW setups

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 03:53 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default I carry inside the pants.

I used Safari paddle holster on the outside for a few years, but now I use in the pants holster wearing a coat or regular shirt pulled over the top of my pants.

Is there some kind of setup for carring extra cags? Other than in your pocket?

Old 06-04-2010, 04:38 PM   #72

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

First holster is my J.W. O'Rourke custom, The second holster is my fobus both are for my Taurus PT92C

holster.jpg   holster2.jpg   holster3.jpg  

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off!" - Dirty Harry

Old 06-06-2010, 02:42 AM   #73

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Here is my daily carry rig.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:50 PM   #74

Finally received my crossbreed qwikclip for my smithy model 60. this combined with the badger grips makes me no longer want to a buy a P3AT or LCP for summer carry.

downsize-3-.jpg  

Old 08-19-2010, 03:24 AM   #75

Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenShooter View Post
Ankle carry is something i'd like to try. Some hate it, some swear by it. I guess you don't know till you try. Would only use it for sub 10 ounce 380.
I tried an ankle holster for my S&W M-60 as an on-duty backup and didn't like the weight on the ankle. I tried and used for years a clip-on left hand IWB for the same revolver that fit well inside my left pull-on uniform boot. Right/left; it's your call, I just preferred the left. No uniform or off duty rules anymore. My preferred carry is a Combat Commander in a UBG Striker IWB holster. It gets pretty warm here in the plains (107-108 recently) so the old M-60 has been in a pocket holster on those really hot days due to abbreviated costuming. I really liked the quality and service from UBG. (UBG Holsters) The Striker carries the weight of the Colt well and I've worn it all day with reasonable comfort.

Old 08-22-2010, 04:39 PM   #76

My occasional carry, FNP-45 tactical in a crossbreed snapside under a long-ish shirt. It's kind-of huge on my tall slender frame but damn if it's not a HOOT to shoot, lol.

cimg0034.jpg  

Evil Conservative Hate-monger.

Calle

Old 08-25-2010, 02:13 PM   #77

Here is my rig. My holster is a blackhawk size 12 I beleive. The gun is a kel-tec Pf9 9mm. 7 round mag + spare mag most of the time. I don't carry a round in the chamber.
unnamed.jpg   kel-tec.jpg  

Old 08-25-2010, 05:11 PM   #78

I have one of those for summertime carry for the M-60 and one for the S&W 9mm. I also bought one for the Colt. Not a bad holster but too light for the .45s for my tastes. I'm shaped like a Christmas tree and thus can conceal almost anything but the Colts just feel better in the UBG Striker. My daughter bought a Kel-Tec 9mm and I've been allowed to shoot, and clean, it once. I guess my coveting of the little 9 was too obvious.

Old 08-25-2010, 05:14 PM   #79

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigPilot View Post
I have one of those for summertime carry for the M-60

You have a concealed carry for your M-60?? How big a boy are you?

Old 08-25-2010, 05:37 PM   #80

You're right, Dillinger, the CCW is bigger than the Smith. I'm 6'1" - 6'4" depending on what convenience store I'm in and all the weight scales I've ever been on are horribly inaccurate. ;-) The Government Model or the Combat Commander are preferred but the baby revolver comes along usually when it's real real hot. Besides, the 60 used to be out and about every day and it whines and fusses when it doesn't get out once in a while.