Shoulder pain from concealed carry?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Shoulder pain from concealed carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 04:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Shoulder pain from concealed carry?

So I just spent my first full day carrying concealed, and my shoulder on my gun side hurts like I spent the entire day throwing a football. I'm wondering if I've been keeping my should tense since I'm not used to carrying. Anyone else have this problem when they started carrying, and any recommendations for a solution?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-16-2011, 04:37 AM   #2
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2083 Times on 1134 Posts
Likes Given: 753

What and how are you carrying?

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 05-16-2011, 04:59 AM   #3

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Suck it up Nancy ... rub some dirt on it!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 05-16-2011, 05:20 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
What and how are you carrying?
Taurus 24/7, IWB at about 4:00. Right now it's just being held up by my belt, waiting on a SuperTuck I ordered.

Old 05-16-2011, 05:50 AM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
suck it up nancy ... Rub some dirt on it!
lmfao!!! Good one.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Old 05-16-2011, 06:18 AM   #6

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Relax and act like it aint there. People can tell your packing by the way you walking and holding yourself.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:31 AM   #7
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Wow just Wow.
Your shoulder hurts when your packing IWB. Easy advice is put it back in your purse. Better advice is put it back in the safe until you get some training. Clearly while you want to carry a firearm you have no training with a firearm. It's an adjustment for most but you are the first that said it hurt no where close to where they carry. Many have issues with IWB digging in when they set. If you need to use the firearm and that arm felt like you were thowing a football all day how effective do you think you would be? Slow to draw and off target would be my guess. Get some training.

I have to ask after re reading your post, your waiting on a supper tuck ordered....do you have a holster at all or just carrying mex (gun tucked in your belt)? If packing with out a holster IWB might make sense why your shoulder hurt, you got to keep holding on to the firearm so it doesn't fall out. again Wow just Wow.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Last edited by WDB; 05-16-2011 at 07:41 AM.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:57 AM   #8
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2771 Times on 1605 Posts
Likes Given: 1209

Double check your rig for fit.
As Clint says "Carrying is not to be comfortable, but comforting."

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 05-16-2011, 12:52 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Might be tugging down, and the result of that constant tug might be a pulled muscle, as that part of the anatomy is basically connected like a tight sinew.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:16 PM   #10

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackandcoke View Post
So I just spent my first full day carrying concealed, and my shoulder on my gun side hurts like I spent the entire day throwing a football. I'm wondering if I've been keeping my should tense since I'm not used to carrying. Anyone else have this problem when they started carrying, and any recommendations for a solution?
There is no anatomical connected muscle structure that would relate your shoulder pain to your hip where you are carrying that gun. Now, if you spent the day practice drawing that gun from that holster....the kinetics involved there, could be the result of your shoulder pain.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”