Shoulder holsters
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Shoulder holsters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 12:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default Shoulder holsters

I have a basic question about CCW shoulder holsters...but I'm afraid it may come off stupid. I am left handed. I have a few LH holsters, both IWB and paddle for my left side. I am interested in a shoulder holster. Now I realize that a holster for shoulder carry is on the support side. But how are they described? Is a "left" shoulder holster for left draw, or is it positioned on the left side for right hand draw? I can't seem to find the answer on any of the mfg. sights, so I thought I would ask here, where surely some of you have shoulder holsters and would know the proper description and designation.
Thanks once again for your help.

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-14-2013, 12:38 AM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2560 Times on 1251 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

Missouri,

They are termed as Right Hand or Left Hand the same as a standard holster. It is not a stupid question since there is no such thing here for those of us who are more than glad to assist our fellow and lady shooters. If you want to do some computer research Google Galco Shoulder Holsters for sale and you will be able to review some there!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 07-14-2013, 12:45 AM   #3

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound
I have a basic question about CCW shoulder holsters...but I'm afraid it may come off stupid. I am left handed. I have a few LH holsters, both IWB and paddle for my left side. I am interested in a shoulder holster. Now I realize that a holster for shoulder carry is on the support side. But how are they described? Is a "left" shoulder holster for left draw, or is it positioned on the left side for right hand draw? I can't seem to find the answer on any of the mfg. sights, so I thought I would ask here, where surely some of you have shoulder holsters and would know the proper description and designation.
Thanks once again for your help.
If you check out sites like Lapolicegear.com there's usually a description like "order left hand holster for right side carry/draw" or something to that effect. I had the same issue when I was trying to order a Taser holster since my department policy requires support side cross draw.

The only time you can have too much ammunition is if you're swimming or on fire!

Gun stores: Where the morbidly obese can pretend to be mercenaries, allude to past experiences in Special Ops, and overuse words like "tactical" and "piece of kit".

KG7IL Likes This 
Old 07-14-2013, 12:48 AM   #4

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

You got your answer above. A left hand shoulder rig the actual holster is under your right arm. I have a Bianchi X16 shoulder holster. I believe the X15 is a vertical draw. Galco makes good stuff too.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-14-2013, 12:51 AM   #5

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie
You got your answer above. A left hand shoulder rig the actual holster is under your right arm. I have a Bianchi X16 shoulder holster. I believe the X15 is a vertical draw. Galco makes good stuff too.
^ Yep. I have a Miami Classic by Galco that I wear when I feel like playing Miami Vice for the day, lol.

The only time you can have too much ammunition is if you're swimming or on fire!

Gun stores: Where the morbidly obese can pretend to be mercenaries, allude to past experiences in Special Ops, and overuse words like "tactical" and "piece of kit".

People Like This 
Old 07-14-2013, 12:53 AM   #6
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2873 Times on 1660 Posts
Likes Given: 1236

Andrews leather monarch.

The older one I have allows for the holster to be removed and put on a belt.
(And I do not have the tie down straps.)

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 07-14-2013, 01:27 AM   #7

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighSpeed View Post
^ Yep. I have a Miami Classic by Galco that I wear when I feel like playing Miami Vice for the day, lol.
So if you had the jackass rig you would.....? ....Never mind..That's just WAY too easy..lmao!

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

KG7IL Likes This 
Old 07-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #8

Liked 1139 Times on 591 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighSpeed View Post
I have the Miami Classic also, and while I don't wear it often, it is a super kewl holster.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

I just ordered a Andrews Monarch shoulder rig today and he will make it for either side you want. I don't intend to try to conceal a 1911 goverment model but just want something to wear around here when I'm away for the house.

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

danf_fl Likes This 
Old 07-22-2013, 09:13 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1590 Times on 1087 Posts
Likes Given: 553

I bought a cheap nylon holster off ebay. I bought it way to large. Then a seamstress charged me $20 to fit it to me. It is one of the most comfortable holsters I own.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato